Updated on November 5, 2011
If I told you that I had partied a little too hard last night celebrating the start of Vegan MOFO, I’d be lying. Don’t get me wrong, I’m obviously excited for it, but this was a case of karaoke bar+liquid courage=grumpy/hungover Jackie. Oh, the repercussions for having a hilarious and fun night. This is what leads me into this amazing smoothie/shake; I found myself quickly “researching” ie. googling, foods that cure hangovers and came across an article on How Stuff Works. After glancing at it and seeing bananas, I knew that I had a mission to complete and that mission was to make an amazing banana smoothie. One so thick that you’d have to eat it with a spoon!
- 2 Frozen Bananas, sliced
- 4 Small Dates or 2 Large Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 HEAPING Tbsp. Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Milk, or Other Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water, to thin down the mixture
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Puree until completely smooth, adding more water if necessary. Set aside for approx. 3-5 minutes so that the chia seeds can break down a little bit more and you can absorb their nutritional benefits more easily.
- Enjoy the hell out of it because this is seriously one of the best smoothies I’ve ever made/had!
This smoothie is super filling, so just know that you won’t be needing to eat anything for a while after this. You can see above that this thing was thick, I ate it with a spoon/gulped it down and in my mind, it was perfect. I used to make many variations of banana/chocolate/peanut butter smoothies when I was younger, so this definitely brought me back to that time and really hit the spot.