I’m so excited that I’ve finally and the time (and patience) to make a yummy raw dish that’s not just a juice or a smoothie. So, happy Raw Wednesday everyone, and I hope that your week has been great so far, it’s almost the weekend! 😉 This delicious dessert could also be a great snack platter for guests and family.
The cookies are soft, and reminiscent of brownies with a hint of banana, while the cinnamon spread is cool and creamy. Unlike unhealthy treats of the same name, these raw cookies are filling and will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but, also keep you satisfied for much longer.
Cinnamon Cream Dip
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Cashews, Soaked in Water for 2-6 hours
- 2 Tbsp. Raw Agave Nectar
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Water
- A Pinch of Sea Salt
- Drain the soaked cashews and place all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and puree until it is completely smooth, or as smooth as your appliance can make it.
- Refrigerate for a few hours so that it can thicken up into a spread.
Raw Banana Cacao Cookies
- 1 Cup Sliced Banana
- 1 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp. Water
- 4 Tbsp. Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Raw Agave Nectar
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and mix until combined, scrape the walls of the processor and mix again so that everything is incorporated. The mix will be thick and a little spongy.
- Take the batter and spread it onto a paraflexx sheet, for your dehydrator, so that it’s about 1/4-3/8″ thick. Place it in your dehydrator and dehydrate for 7 hours at 110°, until you can peel the cookie batter off of the paraflexx sheet and flip it over.
- Dehydrate for another 8-9 hours and slice into rectangles, or any other shape you’d like!
The cookies are great by themselves, but I STRONGLY suggest that you eat them with the dip. They compliment each other so well, and it already gives me another idea for a recipe that could be even better!