‘Tis the season to be putting pumpkin in everything! I would say that I have a problem, but really, eating a lot of pumpkin is a good thing! I talked about some of the health benefits of eating pumpkin in my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal post, and since I’m starting to work out again, I need as much potassium as I can get.
The ingredients are super simple, and can be found or bought easily. One of my favorite things about smoothies is that they create the least amount of dishes and clean up, and usually don’t require very much preparation. Quick and healthy recipes like this make it easy to start your day off right!
- 1 Cup Frozen Ripe Banana
- 1 Cup Slightly Thawed Pumpkin, Unsweetened if you use Canned
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Organic Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk or Water
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. Raw Agave or Maple Syrup for a touch of sweetness
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and puree until very smooth. Add more non-dairy milk or water if you want a less thick consistency.