Updated on July 10, 2013
After the past week of spending time with family and celebrating the life of my grandmother, I’m certainly in need of a cleaner meal plan. I sometimes struggle with portion control and a balance of comfort food vs. healthier food when I’m not at home. When you’re in an emotionally charged environment, or possibly hungover ;), over-indulgence is almost guaranteed to happen.
Soon, I will be back at home, in a kitchen that I fully know my way around, with all of the herbs and spices I’m familiar with. Back on the healthy train, and back to the gym! Here to help jump-start that is this delectable smoothie. This recipe is pretty high volume, so it is extra filling, but is still light, creamy and sweet. After cooking all day long the last thing you want to do is put a lot of effort into another meal.
Serves 1 Huge Smoothie, or 2 Smaller Ones
- 2 Cups Red Seedless Grapes
- 1 Cup Packed Greens- I used lettuce but Kale and Spinach are even better
- 1 Medium Pear, Cored & Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Pumpkin Pureé
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Water
- Optional: Ice Cubes
- Place all ingredients into a blender and pureé until smooth! (This is why I love smoothies, so easy)