It has been kind of crazy at home lately, hence the less-than-consistent posting (sorry!), but I’ve been able to fit in a few delicious meals here and there and this one is definitely among them. The best way for my to describe this to you is that it’s the love child of tzatziki sauce and a potato-less potato salad. 😉
This refreshing, light, and yummy salad can be eaten as a side, used as a dip for crunchy pita chips or placed in a wrap (maybe with baked falafel?). It is super easy to make, even if you don’t have a spiralizer, and aside from soaking the cashews it takes hardly any time at all!
One Year Ago: Naughty Watermelon
- 2CupsCucumbersShredded or Spiralized (noodles)
- 3/4CupRed OnionCut into Slivers or Spiralized (shaved)
- 1/2CupRadishThinly Sliced or Spiralized (shaved)
- 1/2CupArtichoke HeartsSliced Smaller, non-marinated
- 1CupRaw CashewsSoaked for 2+ Hours
- 3Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1CloveFresh Garlic
- 1/4tsp. Dried Dill
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Place the cucumber, red onion, tomato, radish and artichoke hearts into a large bowl and toss them together.
- In a blender, puree the cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic, and dill completely.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the veggies, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until chilled, serve.
With fresh ingredients like this, I just had to call it a summer salad. The crisp cucumbers, peppery radishes, and fresh lemon juice bring this dish to life and will make the transition from spring to summer much easier.