Another month, and it’s already started off super busy. I’m beginning to see a theme here! While tomorrow I have a catch up post, of the more personal kind (which I mostly never do), today I have a simple breakfast recipe that you will absolutely love. It has all of the nostalgic flavors of homemade school lunches, but with a different texture and a comforting warmth about it.
With ingredients that are incredibly easy to attain, you can make this oatmeal breakfast in minutes. In fact, right after I made the first batch I told my mother about it, she was intrigued so I whipped up another serving in no time at all. The verdict? This breakfast is a winner in our books!
One Year Ago: Spinach & Mushroom Lasagna Rolls
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Berries (I used Diced Strawberries and Blackberries)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp . Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp . Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp . Vanilla Extract
- Small Pinch of Salt
- Place the rolled oats, water and non-dairy milk into a small pot over medium heat. Once the water starts to boil, turn it down to low-medium heat.
- Stir the rest of the ingredients into the oat mixture and keep stirring until the oatmeal is to your desired consistency (thin or thicker).
- Garnish with a bit of peanut butter and an extra berry to be fancy! 😉
Do you have any fruits or spices that are your favorite for oatmeal?