I just want to thank everyone that well wishes when I was at the pinnacle of my sickness, now I only have a little congestion and a couple of coughs here and there, which I am grateful for. I hope that everyone had a great weekend and Father’s Day! But, now, I have a recipe for you that I actually made a couple of months ago for some of my friends.
These delightfully moist bundles of chocolate and oats make for a great snack that hits the spot without causing you to over-indulge; well, so long as you keep your distance from them so that you don’t become addicted. 😉 Naturally sweetened with dates, maple syrup and banana, there are some extra vitamins and fiber instead of tons of empty calories. I call that a win-win situation, myself.
One Year Ago: Vegetable Miso Soup with Rice Noodles
- 1 Cup Dates Soaked for 30 mins (Pits Removed)
- 3/4 Cup Banana Mashed
- 1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp . Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp . Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Date Soak Water
- 2 Cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp . Baking Powder
- 1 tsp . Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips vegan
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Almonds chopped finely, unsalted
- Using a blender, puree together the dates, banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, ground flaxseed, vanilla extract and the date soak water, until completely smooth. Set aside for 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the AP flour, rolled oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda into a large (I stress, LARGE) bowl and stir together until evenly combined.
- Slowly pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix together until combined, with no dry spots. Fold the mini chocolate chips and almonds into the dough so that they are consistent throughout.
- Grease two large baking sheets with a very thin layer of coconut oil. Make 2 tbsp.-sized cookie mounds and place them 1 1/2" apart, repeat until all of the dough is used.
- Bake for 15 min., making sure to rotate baking sheets halfway through if you are baking two at a time. Place on a cooling rack after they are done baking and serve.
Serve these little pillows of heaven warm with a nice, cold glass of almond milk and you have yourself a satisfying treat!
What are some of your favorite cookie mix-ins or flavors?