Man oh man, it’s been a crazy few days since I last posted! First off, Corey and I went to our friend’s wedding out in Indio this past Saturday and it was majorly adorable, plus a lot of fun. We definitely took advantage of the photo booth that was there, where Corey proceeded to flash the camera. 😉 Plus, I can’t go without mentioning the election. Man, what a crazy day yesterday was! Did you go out and vote? Either way, I think everyone was sweating bullets at one point, last night.
Due to all of the errands, events and some assignments, I haven’t had a lot of time to put together awesome meals and such. BUT, one thing that I did accomplish was making this fantastic recipe for apple pie chia pudding. It’s like taking the essence of an apple pie and stirring chia seeds into it, and a pinch of salt gives the illusion of a buttery crust flavor. I’m not going to lie, it is pretty awesome.
The only thing is, if you were to ask me if I liked the Pumpkin Pie chia pudding or this one better, well, I wouldn’t be able to answer that. Okay, I’m lying, the Pumpkin Pie one of course! But, that’s only because I like pumpkin pie more; this apple pie chia pudding certainly gives it a run for its money, though!
One Year Ago: Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- 2/3 C . Fresh Apple Juice I juiced 3 Small Gala Apples for this amount
- 1/2 tsp . Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp . Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 tsp . Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp . Salt
- 3 Tbsp . Chia Seeds
- Tbsp Optional: 2 . Chopped Pecans
- Stir together all ingredients other than the chia seeds (and pecans if you use them) in a small bowl until evenly mixed.
- Add the chia seeds to the liquid and stir together so that they are not floating on top.
- Set in your fridge for an hour or more, or overnight if you want this for breakfast. Stir once 30 mins. in.
- Once the seeds have soaked up the liquid, it will be gel-like. Top with pecans and enjoy!
Recipe NotesVitamin C: 108% Calcium: 19% Iron: 19% Nutritional value is approximate, and done using MyFitnessPal App.
You can even put it in a fancy dish and serve it as dessert, that’s what your heart desires. Although, I feel like this is a great opportunity to have pie for breakfast without feeling guilty. 😉