Posted on January 2, 2013
First off, Happy New Year everyone! I had a post queued up earlier that went over my holiday eats and going-ons, but it’s a little late for that. So, what I have for you today is a list of the 10 Most Popular recipes of mine from the last year; plus, a little bit about how my year has gone, and what I would like to do in 2013. I’d love it if you’d share some of your aspirations and intentions for 2013 in the comments, as well!!
Below is the list in numerical order, with a little bit about each recipe! Enjoy!
- Vibrant 50/50 Juice– Enjoy this raw, healthy drink for breakfast (instead of coffee) to feel revitalized and ready for the day. Remember, fresh juices are your friend!
- Baked Spinach Falafel with Homemade Tzatziki Sauce– This is a delightful, and healthier take on the tradition falafel recipe. With some added greenery, and being baked instead of fried it’s perfect for that well-rounded dinner.
- Baked Spicy Sweet Potato Tots with Chipotle Aioli– These sweet potato tots are baked instead of fried, and filled with tons of Vitamin A; pair it with a chipotle sun-dried tomato aioli and you’ve got a winning combination!
- Berry Chia Pudding– This simple and easy chia seed pudding is chock full of berries, and not much else. Try it out for a delicious and healthy breakfast.
- Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti Squash– How about instead of the usually very greasy and carb-filled pizza, you try this recipe out. Using a spaghetti squash as opposed to a crust, you can put your favorite pizza toppings all up in this dish to make it your own.
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie– A creamy pumpkin pie smoothie that is a great introduction to Fall!
- Apple Pie Chia Pudding– The essence of apple pie combined with nourishing chia seeds, yum!
- Smoky Corn Chowder– An easy-to-make and flavorful smoky corn chowder, perfect for cool nights. (I’ve heard a TON of good feedback on this recipe!)
- Raw Chocolate Mousse Pie with Chocolate Drizzle– Not only is this recipe raw, it’s full of ingredients that will keep you full after indulging in a slice; unlike most desserts with processed sugar and lots of empty carbohydrates.
- Cocoa-nut Quinoa Bites– Delicious and easy to make, no-bake, Cocoa-nut Quinoa Bites!
And there’s your top 10 of 2012!
Now, for a bit of reflection of the past year. I’d have to say that 2012 was filled with more ups and downs, for me, than almost any other year that I’ve lived. I lost both of my grandmothers, a couple of friends, have not had a design job the whole year, and have had my own issues to deal with when it came to my relationships. Although the downs were definitely low, the highs have helped me make it through with an optimistic outlook for the year ahead.
I’ve met SO many new people through my blog and social media, a lot of which I now call some of my closest friends. Through networking I’ve become a freelance photographer for Vegan Cuts among other companies and people. I’ve done more merchandise vending this year than any other, which I wouldn’t mind continuing. That is also why there haven’t been any posts recently! I was in Dallas for the past few days, working a festival with Corey; nothing like ringing in the New Year while in a merch tent while it’s in the 30’s outside. At least there were fireworks!
In 2012, I started working on a cookbook of my own; and even though it has temporarily been put on hold, I plan on finishing it this year as well as working on more things centered around Vegan Yack Attack- that I know you’ll love. While I’m still looking for a product design job (know of one?) to be my main source of income, my biggest goal is to be able to earn a living from my passion, which is still creating and taking photos of great vegan food.
To cap this little essay, I’d just like to say that I am so unbelievably grateful for those in my life that have supported me in my endeavors and believe in me. Sometimes I feel that you have more faith in me than I do in myself. I’d also like to thank everyone that has ever visited this lil’ vegan blog of mine, tried a recipe, or left a comment. It has been you that has been a major contributor in me continuing to post. I send my love to you all!
Again, Happy New Year, and let me know about some of your goals and intentions for 2013 below! <3