Well, it’s Thursday, which means that we are almost to the weekend! What is holding me over until then are thoughts of this past weekend, where I went to the LA Vegan Beer Fest, Gentle Barn and plenty of great vegan restaurants! Sorry, I’m really not trying to brag, but I did have a great time with some great people. One of the restaurants that I went to is a new pizza joint in Orange County, called Vegan Pizza (weird, right?) that has some awesome food, and I can’t wait to go back and try their calzone!
Aside from that, I now have time to get back into the swing of things, and am looking forward to a busy next few months. First up, I’ll be heading to Portland in a couple of weeks for Vida Vegan Con! I can’t even describe the anticipation I feel, I’m just really excited to be attending something so awesome. Once that is over, I’ll do a thorough re-cap on it; but, now I have something else for you.
Here’s a recipe to get your mind thinking of warm summer breezes and good times. This tropical sorbet has a splash of lime and an underlying flavor of coconut from some Malibu Rum! Of course, you can leave out the booze, but if you’re on the fence about it, definitely add it in! Also, you can use the process for making this sorbet for any ice cream or sorbet-like treat, and it’s super easy.
One Year Ago: Berry Banana Smoothie
Two Years Ago: Orange Creamsicle Chia Pudding
Mango Lime Sorbet
- 1/4 C . Lime Juice
- 2 C . Mango Peeled and Chopped
- 1/3 C . Malibu Rum
- 1/2 T . Raw Sugar
- Optional: Shredded Coconut for Topping
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and puree until very smooth.
- Next, pour the mixture into an ice cube tray or ziploc bag, and place it in the freezer until frozen.
- When you are ready to serve the sorbet, place the cubes (or chunks if you used a bag) of the mango mixture into the food processor and puree until it has a soft serve consistency.
- If you would like it to be more like ice cream, place it back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
This would be a great dessert to serve after your Mother’s Day brunch this weekend! My mom loves Malibu Rum, so I’ll have to share some of this with her. 😉