This post, doesn’t necessarily involve food, but more personal tidbits about my life and the progress of this blog. We are definitely in the year 2014 now, and what a trip! 2013 was so interesting, to say the least. I had some very low moments in my personal life and very awesome moments professionally. I’ve made many new friends, solidified existing relationships, and stepped away from those who drag me down (luckily those were few and far between!).
I accomplished some of the goals that I wrote out for myself earlier this year, such as:
- Writing an eBook– except that I ended up doing 3! (Two for Vegan Cuts)
- I may not have had a spread in VegNews, but I did have a Brunch Special on their site!
- I launched my Portfolio Site (although still updating it)
- Still haven’t started on my own cookbook, but I did do the photos for Happy Herbivore Light & Lean and am working on her next cookbook, currently.
- It wasn’t a goal, but I made it onto the list of Nominees for VegNew’s Best Vegan Blog award (which was huge for me!)
- Another non-goal but awesome thing, was the fair amount of traveling I did this year. It wasn’t anything crazy, but it was fantastic for me!
So, for this year my plan is to accomplish some, if not all, of the following goals!
- Start working on my own cookbook.
- Re-design/re-brand Vegan Yack Attack (I’m looking for web designers, so let me know if you have any suggestions!)
- Speak at the next Vida Vegan Blogger Conference
- Possibly speak at a Veg Fest or two!
- Participate in hosting a Pop-up dinner in Los Angeles and/or New York.
- and as an actual resolution (shudder), practice being more disciplined.
Of course, there are other goals that I have that are personal, but I will keep those to myself for now. 🙂 As for Vegan Yack Attack, the blog, here are some of the milestones that we hit in 2013!
- Gained 3,000 Twitter Followers, Currently at 6,392
- Got to nearly 10,000 likes on Facebook
- VYA’s Pinterest Page is closing in on 11,000 Followers
- My Instagram gained around 4,000 Followers in the last year
- And December was my highest month for page views EVER, coming in at 130,000. O_O
I can’t believe how much this blog has grown over the years and I don’t list these to brag, but to let you know that I am so incredibly appreciative for the support that you have given me during my time as a food blogger. I hope that 2014 is incredible for each and every one of you and that you continue to inspire me to create things for your viewing/cooking pleasure!
Last but not least, I wanted to share a necklace that my younger sister got for me for Christmas. It’s a simple chain with a hanging key, on one side it says INSPIRE and the other COURAGE. This is a Giving Key and it means so much to me. I am so lucky to have the sisters that I do, that make sure to let me know that they believe in me and tell me to follow my dreams. Please check out The Giving Keys and pass it on.
Also, I promise that the next post you see will be a fabulous, healthy recipe for the New Year. 🙂