Posted on January 12, 2014
Originally, I thought that January would be a month of leveling out from the holidays, but for some reason I’ve found that this month has been filled with all kinds of events, birthdays, dinners and the like. Not to mention, I’m working on the photos for Lindsay’s (Happy Herbivore) next cookbook and have been very busy with that. I’m really excited for this one and think that it will be even better than the last!
Some other things that inevitably come with January are people trying to eat better and be more physically active. This means that you may find yourself needing to recuperate after an awesome workout sooner than later. I have just the smoothie for you! Naturally sweetened with dates, combined with bananas and rich cacao nibs, plus a little vanilla to perfect it. It’s creamy, but not too thick and has a rich flavor.
Loaded with potassium for hydration and carbohydrates for regeneration, it’ll help you out, big time. This is probably where I should mention that this smoothie is also great for hangovers ;). Plus, recovery drinks are important for drinking right after work outs because they reduce fatigue and prolonged muscle soreness. Just make sure to enjoy it right after your workout!
One Year Ago: Back to Basics Fruit Pie
Two Years Ago: Quinoa-Stuffed Butternut Squash
- 1½ C. Frozen Banana, Peeled & Chopped
- 4 Dates, Pitted & Soaked for 10-20 mins.
- ½ C. Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- ½ C. Water
- 2 T. Cacao Nibs + More for Garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Ice (optional)
- Coconut Flakes, Garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients except for garnish in a blender (preferably high-speed), and puree until completely smooth. Beware of Date Chunks.
- Pour until a large glass, garnish with coconut flakes and cacao nibs. Enjoy immensely!
Stay tuned for more healthy recipes and more awesome guest bloggers, this month! 🙂
I almost forgot – but you definitely shouldn’t – to check out this INCREDIBLE deal on Vegan Cuts! $190 worth of eBooks and digital content for $19! Take a look HERE.