I know exactly what you’re thinking right now, “Oatmeal has to be the sexiest food on the planet!” Oh, no? That’s not what you were thinking? Maybe I can change your mind with some word play. Here are some reasons as to why you should indulge in this indulgent oatmeal dish for V-day (or any day, really): This oatmeal is rich and creamy, with cocoa running all through-out and a smooth mouth feel. Each bite is a luscious treat, with a little surprise from small pieces of tart, warm strawberry…
And it only takes about 8 minutes to put together. I’m pretty sure that’s the sexiest part! Of course, you can double up this recipe and share it with someone you think fondly of, or perhaps even loooove. Yes, I’m a child. Either way, I think V-day is a cute reminder to indulge in some fantastic food and have a good time with loved ones, whether they be your friends, family or significant other.
So, forget the double-boiler for the chocolate, and make this one-pot meal to start your day of romance and self-love off right!
One Year Ago: Mexican Twice-Baked Potatoes
Two Years Ago: Raw Red Velvet Cookies
- ½ C. Rolled Oats
- ½ C. Non-Dairy Milk
- ¼-1/3 C. Water
- 1½ T. Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
- 2 T. Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- ⅔ C. Diced Strawberries
- Garnish: One Strawberry
- Garnish: Chopped Chocolate
- Place all ingredients, except for the strawberries and garnishes, into a small pot over medium heat and stir together until combined.
- Bring to a boil then adjust heat to low-medium, cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once most of the liquid has soaked into the grains, fold the strawberries in and cook until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place into a bowl and garnish with strawberry and chocolate chunks.
Mmm.. Look at that juicy bite!