I know exactly what you’re thinking right now, “Oatmeal has to be the sexiest food on the planet!” Oh, no? That’s not what you were thinking? Maybe I can change your mind with some word play. Here are some reasons as to why you should indulge in this indulgent oatmeal dish for V-day (or any day, really): This oatmeal is rich and creamy, with cocoa running all through-out and a smooth mouth feel. Each bite is a luscious treat, with a little surprise from small pieces of tart, warm strawberry…
And it only takes about 8 minutes to put together. I’m pretty sure that’s the sexiest part! 😉 Of course, you can double up this recipe and share it with someone you think fondly of, or perhaps even loooove. Yes, I’m a child. Either way, I think V-day is a cute reminder to indulge in some fantastic food and have a good time with loved ones, whether they be your friends, family or significant other.
So, forget the double-boiler for the chocolate, and make this one-pot meal to start your day of romance and self-love off right!
One Year Ago: Mexican Twice-Baked Potatoes
Two Years Ago: Raw Red Velvet Cookies
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Oatmeal
- 1/2C. Rolled Oats
- 1/2C. Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/4-1/3C. Water
- 1 1/2T. Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
- 2T. Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
- 1/2tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 2/3C. Diced Strawberries
- Garnish: One Strawberry
- Garnish: Chopped Chocolate
- Place all ingredients, except for the strawberries and garnishes, into a small pot over medium heat and stir together until combined.
- Bring to a boil then adjust heat to low-medium, cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once most of the liquid has soaked into the grains, fold the strawberries in and cook until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place into a bowl and garnish with strawberry and chocolate chunks.
Mmm.. Look at that juicy bite!