You guys! It’s finally time! I posted about receiving a copy of Emily Von Euw’s new un-cookbook, Rawsome Vegan Baking, on instagram a few weeks ago and now I’m ready to share a delicious recipe from it with you. But, first, let me tell you a tid bit about what I think of this raw dessert masterpiece!
Firstly, Emily’s photos are incredibly beautiful and will definitely make you drool, and it seems like there is a photo for nearly every single recipe (which I love). She has sinful-looking cupcakes, tons o’ tarts and small-bite recipes that will healthily tide your sweet tooth over. The best part of all is that the recipes are mostly really easy to make! A couple use a dehydrator, but it’s nothing crazy.
So, if you’re thinking about dabbling in the art of Raw Dessert Making, you should definitely check this book out! Lucky for you, I’m giving a copy away to the fortunate reader that wins the contest below. Oh, and for the record, I made this recipe by halving it and placing it into two mini-tart pans. It was fantastic!
- 1 cup (133 g) raw Brazil nuts
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) cacao powder
- 1 cup (175 g) pitted dates
- 2 to 3 bananas
- 3 cups (255 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (85 g) agave nectar
- ¼ cup (59 ml) melted coconut oil
- Liquid raw chocolate (page 209) (You can mix agave nectar, cacao powder and a bit of melted coconut oil for this!)