Today, I am celebrating being done cooking for the cookbook that I’m doing photos for! Of course, I have about 700 photos to go through and edit, but that is beside the point. I seriously can’t believe that I did it, and with time to spare! The photography and food styling in this book is some of my best so far, so when that hard copy shows up it’ll be cool to see how it turned out. I just hope that I did the author justice. 😉
To be honest, I’ve missed being a blogger these past two weeks; the interacting, recipes of my own, and even just looking at other blogs. I feel so out of the loop now! I can’t wait to get back into the groove of things, even though I’m not sure what that is at this point. There are some recipes and reviews that I’ll finally have time to post for y’all and I think that you’ll be stoked.
Now, for this awesome BBQ Seitan Skewers recipe! With this one, I accidentally found out that if you used black beans instead of chickpeas while making seitan they will make it have more of a steak-like appearance as opposed to chicken-like. I plan on using this to my advantage in the near future! But, now you know why my seitan looks a little different from its usual tan color.
I used Massel’s Chicken-Style Low Sodium Bouillon for these BBQ Seitan Skewers and loved it! When mixed with water it creates a vegan broth that is a lot like it’s non-vegan chicken broth counterpart. I can’t wait to make a vegan chicken noodle soup or tortilla soup when the weather cools down, which should be interesting seeing as how Summer just started. Urgh.
Out of the few vegan products that I’ve tried by Massel, I would say that their bouillon granules are my favorite; they’re super convenient, low-sodium (so that I can control the flavor more), and they don’t take up precious space in my refrigerator. Plus, they’re packaged in what look like mini-paint cans!
BBQ Seitan Skewers
Grilled Seitan Skewers with colorful veggies and savory BBQ sauce!
- 1 1/4 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 tablespoons Chickpea Flour
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt-free Poultry Seasoning
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Style Bouillon
- 1/3 cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- 4 cup Vegan Chicken Broth (Made with Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Style Bouillon)
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 15 Kabob Sticks (Give or Take), Soaked in water for 20 minutes if they are wooden
- 1 cup Red Onion , Chopped
- 1 cup Zucchini , Sliced into Coins
- 1 cup Orange Bell Pepper , Chopped
- 1 cup Button or Cremini Mushrooms , Chopped
- 2/3 cup Broccoli Stalks , Chopped (Optional)
- 1 1/2 cup Vegan BBQ Sauce ( I Like Annie’s Spicy Sweet BBQ Sauce)
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post in that Massel sent me product to use for a recipe of my creation and I was compensated for it. All opinions are honest and my own. Best believe that I wouldn’t share a crappy product with you! 😉