Where I’m at it feels like Winter is moving at warp-speed into Spring (maybe even Summer), and because of that I wanted the seasons meet in harmony; in a recipe, of course! My lemon tree is being weighed down with ripe golden fruits and using them in this Lemon Berry Cheezecake Parfait sounded like a great idea. It most certainly was!
Things that are great about this cheezecake parfait: no baking involved, no added cane sugar, you get to use beautiful berries and bright citrus, the layering doesn’t have to be perfect (if it’s sloppy it means it’s “rustic”, right?), there are some probiotics in it, it is super delicious, and you can decide how many people you want to share it with.
My favorite trick for getting a little tang in my cheezecake filling is to use non-dairy yogurt. The only issue with this is that they are definitely not equal! Some are water-y, some are starchy and gelatinous, and sometimes they’re hard to find. Insert Silk Dairy-free yogurt; they’re non-GMO, vegan, easy-to-find and great to use in recipes or just eat.
The vanilla flavor works perfectly in this parfait, though you can experiment with the others (maybe peach or black cherry would be extra tasty?). If you want to find the nearest Silk Yogurt near you, use this store locaterand while you’re at it get a coupon!
Tips for this recipe: Use tall skinny vessels or jars to make the layering even more beautiful and pronounced. You can also separate this recipe into 4 jars/cups for easier serving, or even smaller ramekins for parties!
Lemon Berry Cheezecake Parfait
- 1 1/2cupsraw cashewssoaked in hot water for 15 minutes then drained
- 5.3oz. container of Silk Dairy-free Vanilla Yogurt Alternative
- 1/4cuplemon juice
- 3tablespoonsmaple syrup
- 1teaspoonlemon zest
- 2tablespoonscoconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4cupraw almonds
- 1/4cupraw buckwheat groats
- 5inpitted datescut half
- 1/2teaspoonvanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh Mint
- Lemon Zest
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and puree until completely smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- In a small pan, over medium heat, bring the blackberries, blueberries, and coconut sugar to a boil. Adjust heat to medium-low and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the berries have broken down and the mixture thickens. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Pour into a bowl and set aside
- Place 2 tablespoons of the crust into the bottom of two 12-ounce jars, then carefully spoon 3 tablespoons of the cheesecake filling into each jar, tap down lightly to settle the filling, and spoon 2 of berry topping. Repeat until all parts are used up, then garnish and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Each 12-ounce jar serves two people.
Lemon Berry Cheezecake Parfait switch-ups:
- Use stone fruits like cherries, peaches or plums, instead of berries, once summer is here!
- For an extra treat, drizzle chocolate sauce over the top layer of each parfait.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine. I will be showcasing their products each month with recipes and tips, so make sure to follow along! Posts like this help me to keep this blog and more recipes coming your way. 🙂