It seems as though I am keeping my reputation as a person who bakes during the summer alive and well, and we’re only in the first week of it! But, how can I resist with all of these beautiful, seasonal stone fruits in the store? I will bake them all! Okay, and make some non-baked goods, to even it out. In this case, I have a delicious dessert of Grilled Peaches and Cream Pastry.
I’m pretty convinced that puff pastry can make anything fancy (I have yet to have this theory disproven), and this easy-to-make treat is a great example of this. All you have to do is thaw vegan puff pastry (there are a couple of brands like Pepperidge Farms and Aussie Bakery), lay it out on parchment paper, score a couple of lines in the top layers, fill it with creamy yogurt goodness and grilled peaches.
To compliment the sweetness of the pastry filling, this dish is topped with a drizzle of balsamic reduction and fresh basil (also courtesy of this wondrous Summer season). All of these flavors come together as a harmonious chorus upon your tongue!
I highly suggest making this for a quick, tea-time dessert or for serving with a sparkling cocktail amongst friends. And just maybe, because there is fruit and yogurt involved, you could use this to treat yourself to a sweet breakfast or morning snack. 😉
Grilled Peaches and Cream Pastry
- 8 ounces fresh yellow peaches
- 3/4 cup Silk Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounce or 1/2 sheet vegan puff pastry I used frozen and thawed it for 20 minutes
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade-cut fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat a grill over medium flame (roughly 350F).
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together plain yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until combined; set aside.
- Slice peaches into 1/2" thick wedges, brush oil on the grates and grill peaches for 2-3 minutes on one side, flipping when the grill marks are pronounced. Grill for another 1-2 minutes and remove.
- Lay puff pastry on parchment paper and roll out lightly to smooth it out. Score a light-cut 1" wide border around the sheet (as pictured). Spread yogurt mixture out and arrange grilled peach slices on top. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until pastry borders have risen and are golden brown.
- While pastry is baking, bring balsamic and coconut sugar to a simmer in a small saute pan over medium heat. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture has reduced. Take off of heat, it will thicken more as it cools.
- Once the pastry is baked, let cool for 5 minutes before drizzling with balsamic reduction and sprinkling fresh basil over the top. Serve warm or once it has cooled, either was is delicious!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine. I will be showcasing their products each month with recipes and tips, so make sure to follow along! Posts like this help me to keep this blog and more recipes coming your way. ?