I used the recipe from Whole Grain Gourmet, but with some changes to make it even healthier (and vegan!).
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (a pinch more depending on the moisture of the mix)
- 1 1/2 cups of Large Flake Rolled Oats (smaller flake is ok too)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon (I actually use about 3 Tbsp—got to love cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup Agave Syrup
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 Flaxseed egg (Add an additional Tbsp of Water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2/3 cup Mix of Dried Blueberries/Craisins
- 2/3 cup Pecans
-Side Note: I would make it a full cup of each next time.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Mix the wet stuff with the dry stuff. Add the craisins, blueberries and pecans and mix. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit of flour.
- COOL the mix for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto your baking sheet (I recommend lining the baking sheet with parchment paper). Press down with a fork to ensure even cooking. (I made them into balls of 2 Tbsp. of batter)
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes or until golden on the bottom of the cookie. The cookies freeze very well and make a great snack! Enjoy.