Super bowl Sunday is coming up, so I have my first cooking video to show you a great appetizer! This healthy, squash queso dip is as tasty as it is nutritious.
I took some inspiration from my smoky mac & cheeze, but added a little Mexican flair with cilantro and jalapeños, while making the smoky flavor more subtle. Serve this delicious dip with some crispy tortilla chips or raw vegetables like I did!
This squash queso dip isn’t particularly cheesy, per-say, but it definitely has some great color and flavors. I substituted the cashews typically used with this type of sauce with some chickpeas, to keep it healthy and low-fat. Try it out for yourself, and let me know what you think! 🙂
- 3 Cups Kabocha Squash, Seeded & Baked
- 3/4 Cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 6 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbsp. Smoked Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/2-1 tsp. Sea Salt, closer to 1 tsp. is better
- 1/4 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Jalapeño or other Pepper
- Place all ingredients except for the jalapenos in a food processor or blender and puree until completely smooth. Add jalapenos and pulse to incorporate. Serve with an assortment of your preferred dippers!
For video instructions, check out my Healthy Squash Queso Dip video!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
As for making my first cooking video, I was so nervous! I can’t even begin to tell you all how anxious even pressing the record button was. I hope that you all enjoy it, and if you have any pointers (constructive obviously) I’d love to hear them. So, thanks ahead of time, for the feedback! 🙂
If you like the squash queso dip, try out some more of my delicious appetizer recipes!