Super bowl Sunday is coming up, so I have my first cooking video to show you a great appetizer! This healthy, squash queso dip is as tasty as it is nutritious.
I took some inspiration from my smoky mac & cheeze, but added a little Mexican flair with cilantro and jalapeños, while making the smoky flavor more subtle. Serve this delicious dip with some crispy tortilla chips or raw vegetables like I did!
This squash queso dip isn’t particularly cheesy, per-say, but it definitely has some great color and flavors. I substituted the cashews typically used with this type of sauce with some chickpeas, to keep it healthy and low-fat. Try it out for yourself, and let me know what you think! 🙂
Squash Queso Dip
- Blender or food processor
- 3 Cups Kabocha Squash Seeded & Baked
- 3/4 Cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 6 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tbsp. Smoked Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1/2-1 tsp. Sea Salt closer to 1 tsp. is better
- 1/4 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Jalapeño or other Pepper
- Place all ingredients except for the jalapenos in a food processor or blender and puree until completely smooth. Add jalapenos and pulse to incorporate. Serve with an assortment of your preferred dippers!
As for making my first cooking video, I was so nervous! I can’t even begin to tell you all how anxious even pressing the record button was. I hope that you all enjoy it, and if you have any pointers (constructive obviously) I’d love to hear them. So, thanks ahead of time, for the feedback! 🙂
If you like the squash queso dip, try out some more of my delicious appetizer recipes!