Delicious strawberry banana nut oatmeal cookies that you can eat at any time of the day, without guilt! It’s your new, favorite breakfast snack.
Sometimes, I crave dessert for breakfast. I should probably ignore these cravings, knowing that my sweet tooth is immense; but, I’ve found a way to compromise between something kind of outlandish and maybe not so healthy and something that has some great components to it that aren’t terrible for you. How can anyone be mad at that? 😉
Last week I made a batch of these Strawberry Banana Nut Oatmeal Cookies before coming out to work the second weekend of Coachella, mostly for the few guys that I work with because I get in “mom mode” like that sometimes.
Well, let me tell you, I should have doubled the size of that batch because these things disappeared almost instantly. This was probably my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe to date, and the guys I fed them to (even the picky eaters) agreed!
I would recommend that you feed these to anyone that will have them, and that you double the batch because these cookies aren’t very large and they will go fast. The sweetness of the banana compliments the strawberries as perfectly as you can imagine and even with the little amount of coconut oil in them it takes on a buttery flavor without any processed substitutes.
- 1 Cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp . Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp . Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp . Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp . Salt
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Banana, Mashed (equaled to roughly 1/2 )
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted
- 3 Tbsp . Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp . Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tsp . Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pecans, Chopped
- 1 Cup Strawberries, Diced
- Mix the warm water and flaxseed together and let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes until the flaxseed becomes gel-like.
- Stir together the flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until evenly combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, banana, coconut oil, flaxseed "egg", and vanilla.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and fold together until the dough has an even consistency, then fold the pecans and strawberries into it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Take two cookie sheets out and spread a very thin layer of coconut oil onto them before forming cookie.
- Each cookie should be roughly 2 tbsp. of dough spaced 1-2 inches apart, I don't make mine into perfect rounds but you can have them look however you prefer.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, pull them out of the oven and place them onto a cooling rack.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
What is your favorite type of cookie? Don’t like cookies? What’s your favorite dessert?
The bloghop, this month, is filled with so many amazing blogs! I love that I’m able to be a part of it, and continue to share the foodie love. Here’s a list of all of the bloggers that are participating!
A Little bit of everything ~ Roxana GreenGirl ~ @RoxanaGreenGirl
Baker Street ~ Anuradha ~ @bakerstreet29
Baking and Cooking, A Tale of Two Loves ~ Becky Higgins
BigFatBaker ~ Erin ~ @BigFatBaker
Bon à croquer ~ Valerie ~ @Valouth
Cake Duchess ~ Lora ~ @Cakeduchess
Easily Good Eats ~ Three Cookies
Elephant Eats ~ Amy
GeorgieCakes ~ Georgie ~ @georgiecakes
Hobby and More ~ Richa ~ @betit19
Java Cupcake ~ Betsy Eves ~ @JavaCupcake
Mis Pensamientos ~ Junia ~ @juniakk
No One Likes Crumbley Cookies ~ TR ~ @TRCrumbley
Oh Cake ~ Jessica ~ @jesshose
Queen’s Notebook ~ Elizabeth ~ @Mango_Queen
Rico sin Azúcar ~ Helena ~ @ricosinazucar
Simply Reem ~ Reem ~ @simplyreem
Soni’s Food for Thought ~ Soni ~ @sonisfood
Teaspoon of Spice ~ Deanna ~ @tspbasil
That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!! ~ Liz ~ @Thatskinnychick
The Art of Cooking Real Food ~ Laura ~@TAofCRF
The Wimpy Vegetarian ~ Susan ~ @wimpyvegetarian
Vegan Yack Attack! ~ Jackie ~ @veganyackattack
Vegetarian Mamma ~ Cindy ~ @VegetarianMamma
Please join in on the #berrylove fun by linking up any berry recipe from the month of March 2012. Don’t forget to link back to this post, so that your readers know to come stop by the #berrylove event! The twitter hashtag is #berrylove.