If you love coconut, you’ve come to the right place! This morning I have Banana Coconut Cream Crepes for you that would make a fantastic brunch dish. With flavors that will send you into deep thoughts about summer breezes, and maybe even palm trees, you won’t be able to say no to this one. I’ve just realized that the last few recipes on my blog have had bananas in them, oh dear! 😉
This meal is an amalgamation of a couple of recipes that I have used in the past. The first recipe, which I did not alter, is the one for whipped coconut cream from Happy Healthy Life. Making whipped coconut cream is insanely simple, and I highly recommend that you check out that recipe and make some of your own. Another recipe is one that I adapted from one that I used for these delicious Zebra Berry Crepes, with a few changes for the better.
One Year Ago: Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
Banana Coconut Cream Crepes
- 1/2 Cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp . Organic Sugar
- 1/8 tsp . Salt
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp. Non-Dairy Milk unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp . Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp . Maple Syrup
- 2-2 1/2 Cups Sliced Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, sugar and salt. Then stir in the non-dairy milk, melted coconut oil and maple syrup until there are no lumps in the batter.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the coconut whipped cream and slice the bananas.
- After the batter is done setting, warm a griddle or large pan over low-medium heat, melting a 1/2 tsp. of coconut oil for a thin coat of protection.
- Pour 2-3 tbsp. of batter into the center of the griddle, pick it up and tilt the pan in circles to spread out the batter to roughly 7" in diameter.
- Cook the crepe on one side for 2-3 minutes and carefully flip it over once you can separate it from the griddle's surface.
- Cook it for an additional 2 minutes, then place it on a plate, fill with 1/2 Cup Bananas, coconut whipped cream and pecans. Close up the crepe and top with a dollop of coconut cream, a bit of pecans and a small drizzle of maple syrup.
- This recipe will make approximately 4 large crepes, two for each person.