I just want to thank everyone that well wishes when I was at the pinnacle of my sickness, now I only have a little congestion and a couple of coughs here and there, which I am grateful for. I hope that everyone had a great weekend and Father’s Day! But, now, I have a recipe for you that I actually made a couple of months ago for some of my friends.
These delightfully moist bundles of chocolate and oats make for a great snack that hits the spot without causing you to over-indulge; well, so long as you keep your distance from them so that you don’t become addicted. 😉 Naturally sweetened with dates, maple syrup and banana, there are some extra vitamins and fiber instead of tons of empty calories. I call that a win-win situation, myself.
One Year Ago: Vegetable Miso Soup with Rice Noodles
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp . Agave Nectar
- 4 Tbsp . Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp . Salt
- 2 Tsp . Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp . Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 4 Tbsp . Coconut Oil, liquid form
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 tsp . Arrowroot
- Pancakes- Mix all dry ingredients together and all liquid ingredients together in separate bowls.
- Then, add the wet mixture to the dry and stir together until smooth, add more water if necessary. Do not over mix.
- Pour pancake batter onto a oiled, flat skillet heated to medium in 5” circles.
- When bubbles start coming out of the top flip the pancake over and cook for 2-4 more minutes or until desired darkness.
- Topping- Put blueberries in a small sauce pan, over medium/high heat.
- Add in water, agave and arrowroot. Bring to a boil/simmer and let it simmer over medium heat for another 10-15 minutes until it reduces a bit and thickens.
- Make sure to stir every couple of minutes, let cool and then top your delicious pancakes!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Serve these little pillows of heaven warm with a nice, cold glass of almond milk and you have yourself a satisfying treat!
What are some of your favorite cookie mix-ins or flavors?