This pretty Blueberry Peach Chia Parfait makes for a delectable breakfast! With sensational vanilla chia pudding, sweet peaches, and blueberries, how could you go wrong?
Believe it or not, there are mornings when my breakfast is not made up of oatmeal or smoothies. It has been a while since I’ve made something that had chia seeds as the star, usually I add them to smoothies or oatmeal (surprise, surprise!) for extra protein and fiber. Taking visual cues from Oh, She Glows, I made a “fancy” layered parfait with this sensational vanilla chia pudding with the best peaches I’ve had in a bit and deeply-colored blueberries.
What I love about this parfait is that it’s incredibly easy to make, and pretty easy to assemble. I mean, honestly, who cares if it’s a little sloppy? It’s all getting eaten anyway! And really, you can customize this blueberry peach chia parfait in an infinite amount of ways. I think that the next time I make one it will be very chocolatey and filled with peanut butter. Oh, yes… 😀
But, that’s for another day, and possibly dessert. This refreshingly cool combination will take your mind off of the intense heat that’s been going around this summer, if not for just a few minutes.
Substitution suggestions (based on what I know):
- Chia seeds – Lol, don’t make this if you’re not going to use chia seeds. 😉
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk – honestly, any unsweetened non-dairy milk should work here (almond, soy, coconut, oat, rice, etc.). But, a vanilla nd milk would also be delicious! You may need to adjust the sweetener amount if using it.
- Maple syrup – any liquid sweetener will work, like agave nectar, or even a few drops of liquid stevia, depending on preference.
- Peach – Some other great summer fruit option would be nectarines, or dark sweet cherries!
- Blueberries – frozen and thawed blueberries will work but the texture will not be as desirable. Blackberries and strawberries will also work here!
- 3 tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Plain Non-Dairy Milk
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Medium Peach, Sliced Thinly
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- Optional: Hulled Hemp Seeds for sprinkling
- Stir together the chia seeds, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pinch of salt in a cup or bowl. Place in the refrigerator for anywhere from 1.5 hours to overnight (which is recommended AND easiest).
- After the chia seeds have had time to soak up the liquid and become gel-like, stir them once more.
- In a tall, skinny glass start making your parfait by spooning roughly 1/4 of the chia seed mixture into the bottom. Place a couple of peach slices on top, then 2 Tbsp. blueberries on top of that, followed by a couple of slices of peach (to block the pudding from seeping down as much).
- Repeat until you have used all of your ingredients, if you have chosen to add hemp seeds, sprinkle a little on top of each chia layer. Serve Chilled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 384Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 19gSugar: 29gProtein: 9g
Aside from this Blueberry Peach Chia Parfait, what are some of your favorite ways to enjoy chia seeds?
And if you love this recipe, you’ll love the ones below! (Just click the picture)