Pumpkin pie chia pudding – simple, satisfying, delicious and made with whole ingredients!
So, this post would have come to you yesterday, but… I ate the first batch before I could take pictures. Oopsies! That alone should give you an idea of just how good this pumpkin pie chia pudding is. It has all of the traits that pumpkin pie has, but without the crust and a little softer. It’s creamy, cool, sweet, and satisfying. Honestly, I’m not sure if I should recommend this to anyone for breakfast OR dessert! How about both? 😉
Another plus is that this pudding is so easy to make; even the optional topping of sweet cashew cream just goes right in the blender and then into your mouth. Well, at least that’s what happens to me. Basically, you just need to try this for yourself because you have no reason not to!
One Year Ago: Mediterranean Foccacia Bread
Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- 1/2 C . Pumpkin Puree if using canned, you'll only need 1/4-1/3 cup
- 1/2 C . Almond Milk
- 1/4 C . Dates Pitted and Soaked for at least 30 min.
- 1/4 C . Water
- 1-1 1/2 tsp . Maple Syrup depending on how sweet you want it
- 1 tsp . Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp . Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Tbsp . Chia Seeds
- Place all ingredients besides the chia seeds into a blender and puree until completely smooth. (Be careful of date chunks!)
- Pour the mixture into a jar/cup/vessel and stir the chia seeds into the liquid. Place the cup into your fridge for an hour or until the pudding is cold.
Top with some sweet cashew cream or vegan whip (add a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger to pair it perfectly with the pudding), and enjoy!
Vitamin A: 128%
Vitamin C: 10%
Iron: 23% Nutrition facts are approximate (and in this case don't include cashew cream).
This dish would even be great before or after a workout, seeing as it has lots of potassium, protein, calcium and iron. Really, there is no bad time to enjoy this Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding. I have my second batch just waiting for me to dig into it in the fridge. Mmm..
Edit* The updated header and first images of this pumpkin pie chia pudding are made with canned pumpkin puree. Where as the older photos are with homemade pumpkin puree, of which there is a difference in color.