It has been almost 3 months since my last oatmeal recipe here on Vegan Yack Attack, and if you’ve been following me for a while you know that this is crazy. I guess it does make sense, because that was at the beginning of Summer; but, now I bring oatmeal back to you with a bang! Okay, maybe not a literal bang, but this oatmeal has some crazy-good flavors in it and it was the perfect thing to fill me up this morning. Especially after making a fresh batch of almond milk (always messy, as seen below, and with only almonds and water), and realizing that my boyfriend may have gotten me sick. :/
Maybe it’s better that I was feeling slightly out of it this morning, or else I wouldn’t have had a chance to enjoy this creamy, citrusy goodness in a bowl. At first, it tasted almost like a Pumpkin Orange Creamsicle, then you add the cranberry and a touch of cinnamon to the mix and it really brings it home. I know that I’ll be making this for breakfast again, very soon.
If I try it out in the slow cooker tonight, I might be able to enjoy some in the morning before my garage sale! Oy.. I don’t think I’m ready for it. 😉
One Year Ago: Review: Champs Restaurant & Bakery Brooklyn, NY
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tbsp . Agave Nectar
- 4 Tbsp . Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp . Salt
- 2 Tsp . Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp . Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 4 Tbsp . Coconut Oil, liquid form
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 tsp . Arrowroot
- Pancakes- Mix all dry ingredients together and all liquid ingredients together in separate bowls.
- Then, add the wet mixture to the dry and stir together until smooth, add more water if necessary. Do not over mix.
- Pour pancake batter onto a oiled, flat skillet heated to medium in 5” circles.
- When bubbles start coming out of the top flip the pancake over and cook for 2-4 more minutes or until desired darkness.
- Topping- Put blueberries in a small sauce pan, over medium/high heat.
- Add in water, agave and arrowroot. Bring to a boil/simmer and let it simmer over medium heat for another 10-15 minutes until it reduces a bit and thickens.
- Make sure to stir every couple of minutes, let cool and then top your delicious pancakes!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
So, try this recipe out for breakfast tomorrow and let me know how it goes! This type of recipe will keep you going all the way through Winter, just don’t eat it too much or you may get sick of it. 😉
Edit: Apparently this is what happens when I leave my camera unattended. Everyone say hello to Corey, the germ-spreader.