Here is an awesome recipe for a moist, flavorful, and seasonal loaf of Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread. Make mini-loaves as gifts during the holidays!
It has been a hot minute since the last time I did a cooking video, but after having a reader suggest making a new one the other day, it’s clear that the time has come! And I’m telling you, this is a great recipe for one; it’s easy, tastes amazing and is perfect for this time of year. Plus, like I say in the video, bake a couple mini-loaves of this Pumpkin Banana Nut bread and give them to friends and family at your Thanksgiving festivities for some tasty gifts.
I made a couple of loaves yesterday and brought them to a dinner with a couple of close friends, and even driving there, the scent of them filled my car and made me even more hungry! By the time we were done with dinner, we were full, but someone unwrapped one of the loaves and it was game over. This bread is great with a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast or dessert! Or possibly as a meal substitute, but I wouldn’t know anything about that… 😉
Enough of my babbling, though, I’ll let the video speak for itself! Below are the ingredients and measurements you’ll need to make the recipe.
One Year Ago: Veggie Sandwich- A Lesson in K.I.S.S.
- 15 oz. can Organic Pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 6 Tbsp. Warm Water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 cups Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 4 mini-loaf pans with a light coat of oil. In a mixing bowl, stir pumpkin, banana, sugar, hot water, flaxseed, coconut oil, molasses, and vanilla extract together until combined. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together whole wheat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt, until evenly combined. Next, add wet mixture to the dry and fold together until there are no dry pockets. Add walnuts to the bowl and fold them into the batter.
- Divide the batter between the four loaf pans and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick draws clean. If you only have standard loaf pans, use two and bake for 50-60 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Also, this is my first time doing a video completely on my own, so I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. Here’s to the possibility of continuing to do these! I would just like to ask you (as my dedicated readers), do you like video tutorials? And if so, what kind of tutorials would you like to see in the future. I hope that I can get some great leads from you! 🙂