Pepperjack shreds, seasoned soyrizo and jalapeño peppers kick this Cheezy Soyrizo Bean Dip up a few notches! It a perfectly delicious appetizer.
Here is my warning to you: This cheezy soyrizo bean dip is highly addictive, and not for the faint of heart. This is not a healthy dip, although it could be much worse; but it is absolutely perfect for parties, get-togethers and any other occasion in which you would need an awesome appetizer. I know first hand that this dip pairs well with Mexican lagers and margaritas!
I will say, this was not a completely original idea from myself. This started with my mother and her crazy bean dip that she’s made for at least the past 10 years. Ever since I went vegan, I would smell the dip and get a tad bitter that I didn’t want to eat any. This past week, I figured it was time for my own (vegan) version, and my parents and I agree that this is definitely a good match! Not to mention it was gone within a night between 4 people. Oops.
Melted Daiya Pepperjack shreds paired with the salty, well-seasoned soyrizo and an added kick from some pickled jalapeños means that this filling dip packs a punch when it comes to flavor. The TVP and black beans add some texture and protein to the mix, and (vegetarian) refried beans make up another part of the base. This dip is super easy to make, so it’s great for a last-minute dish to bring to a party; maybe one of the Super Bowl variety, since that’s tomorrow?? 😉
One Year Ago: Vibrant 50/50 Juice
Cheezy Soyrizo Bean Dip
- 1/2 C. TVP Textured Vegetable Protein
- 1/2 C. Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp. Liquid Aminos
- 15 ounce Can Vegetarian Refried Beans Mine were vegan
- 8 oz. Soyrizo or any other Vegan Chorizo
- 1 C. Cooked Black Beans
- 2/3 C. Daiya Pepperjack Shreds
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Pickled Jalapeños Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Brine from Jalapeños
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 C. Water or Vegetable broth
- In a small bowl, combine the dried TVP granules, hot water and liquid aminos. Stir together and let sit for 10 minutes so that the TVP can soak up all of the liquid.
- In a medium-large pot, over medium heat, combine the rest of the ingredients except for remaining water.
- Cover and let warm for 10 minutes, and add the TVP to the mixture.
- Once the shreds are melted, add the water and thin the dip out to your desired viscosity.
- I like to let it simmer for another 10 minutes so that the flavors meld together more. Serve warm with tortilla chips or veggies.
So, go ahead, indulge in this Cheezy Soyrizo Bean dip at your next party. Or just make it because you want to, because I could really care less about the Super Bowl, but love awesome food. Seriously, look at that dipping action!
What are some of your favorite dips?