A refreshing Watermelon Tomato Salad, complimented with fresh herbs and pine nuts. Flavorful, light, and perfect for your summer gatherings!
The weather earlier this week was insane! You want to talk about a scorcher? I thought that I was back working Coachella! Thank goodness I could jump in a pool to cool off. 😉 I wish that I had this salad to cool me down from the inside out, though.
I was inspired by a salad that I had years ago, with watermelon, tomato, mint, and feta, plus some vegetarian roe for a salty kick. This one is slightly different, with creamy pine nuts changing up the texture, and a combination of mint and basil to make it interesting (and pretty!).
The best part about this watermelon tomato salad is that it comes together in mere minutes. If you chill the fruits before assembly it works out even better. This is the perfect side for a summer party, BBQ or as a light snack. Throw a little white balsamic vinegar on there and call it a day!
Refreshing Watermelon Tomato Salad
- 2 C . Heirloom Tomato Diced, Yellow
- 2 C . Watermelon Pink Part Diced
- 1/4 C . Pine Nuts
- 1 tsp . Fresh Mint Minced
- 1 tsp . Fresh Basil Minced (1 1/2 tsp. may be even better)
- Pinch of Salt
- Place all ingredients, except for salt, in a bowl and toss together until combined.
- Sprinkle the salt over the top and stir again. Chill, then serve!
- Doesn't get much easier than that, does it?
Now that I am thinking of it, this would be perfect for Memorial Day weekend. Go ahead and try it out! 🙂