This Roasted Cauliflower Tomato Soup is the perfect weekday meal! Healthy, Quick-to-make, and most importantly delicious!
Hello beautiful people! I hope that you all survived the holidays without too much stress, and have a great plan for New Year’s. I don’t have anything in mind at this point, but I’ve always been one to wait until the last-minute. So far, the holidays have treated me fairly well. I spent Christmas Eve with Corey and his family, where I got to watch all of his adorable (very young) cousins tear apart wrapping paper and dance around with their presents. Christmas Day, was more about making dinner for everyone, which led to me quickly opening my (amazing) gifts then getting right to work at cookin’ my butt off.
As you may have seen on my Instagram, my Christmas Menu went something like this:
- Golabkis (my recipe)
- Deviled Tofu (Recipe adapted from Vegan Crunk)
- Green Bean Casserole (Recipe adapted from Fat Free Vegan)
- Mashed Potatoes (Potatoes, Earth Balance, Soy Milk, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt)
- Sweet Potato Casserole (Crunchy Oat Topping, Sweet Potatoes, Apples, Cranberries, Pineapple, etc.)
- Persimmon Cheesecake Shots (Like this recipe but in smaller glasses)
- Plus, my mom veganized her recipe for Spinach Dip (breakthrough!) and it was freakin’ amazing.
Overall, lots of awesome eats. Kinda glad that I decided not to make stuffing because that would have been entirely too much food.
After all of the eating and belt-loosening Corey, my friends and I played a few rounds of Uno! Who doesn’t love Uno? Don’t answer that question if you don’t like it, you’ll hurt my feelings. But, seriously, I didn’t win once! My friend Caroline won 4 times, clearly the Uno Champion; I don’t believe for a second that she hadn’t played the game for 15 years. 😉 Then, there was Duchess, totally tuckered out from the excitement of the day.
Now, we are almost to the new year and I wanted to offer up a recipe that you can make in around 30 minutes, that tastes great, but is also healthy. Basically, this soup is the perfect winter, weekday meal! Roasted cauliflower adds a little more flavor to the severely underrated veggie, while the chickpeas fill you up and the chard touts its deep green veggie nutrients. I’m a huge fan of tomato soups, so I’m surprised it has taken this long for me to post another one; but I feel that this dish is a huge success!
Two Years Ago: Raw Gingerbread Men
Roasted Cauliflower Tomato Soup
- 2 lb . Head of Cauliflower Leaves removed
- 1/2 T . Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp . Sea Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- 2 C . Vegetable Broth
- 1 C . White Onion Diced
- 1- 15 oz . Can Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1- 15 oz . Can Organic Diced Tomatoes or 1 1/2 C.
- 1- 15 oz . Can Cooked Chickpeas Rinsed and Drained
- 2 C . Swiss Chard Chopped & Loosely Packed
- 1 tsp . Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp . Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Take the head of cauliflower, turn it over and cut the stem out of the bottom. Set the stem aside, and break the florets apart, into large bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the cauliflower together with the olive oil, salt and pepper, until evenly coated. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes. Stir the florets around halfway through the baking time.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, warm 1/4 C. of Veggie Broth over medium heat in a large pot.
- Once hot, add the onions to the pot and saute until clear, 3-5 minutes. Next, add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, the remainder of the veggie broth and the chickpeas.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Add the chickpeas, Swiss Chard, Italian Seasoning and red pepper flakes to the soup and keep warm until the cauliflower is done.
- Carefully add the roasted cauliflower to the soup, stirring it in slowly. Cover pot with lid and simmer for 5 minutes, then season to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!