Buffalo Chickpea Nachos
It may be pretty obvious to some of you, but I can’t continue on with this post without mentioning that this incredible nacho dish is directly influenced by my favorite dish from Vegan MoFo, the Buffalo Chickpea Mac ‘n’ Cheese. Now, I have some devoted followers that make this mac for their families and friends all of the time, which is super rad! Then there’s also the Buffalo Tempeh Grilled Cheese sandwich, and that sandwich has quite a few fans as well.
One of them being Brianne, of the Kitschy Kitchen instagram, who makes it all of the damn time. BUT, one time, she ran out of bread so she made nachos with it. Brilliant!! That is what sparked the merging of recipes in my mind and why we are all here today. Well, and the fact that this makes an awesome Super Bowl snack doesn’t hurt either.
Time-wise, this recipe is great because you can make the ranch-style sauce and the cheese sauce while you roast the chickpeas. Because really, who has time to wait around when we’re talking about nachos here? Not me! Oh, and before I forget, I have another nacho recipe that’s up on Vegan Cuts blog for Chipotle Chili Nachos!
- 1- 15 oz . Can of Cooked Chickpeas, Drained & Rinsed
- 1/4 C . Your favorite Buffalo Sauce + 3 T., divided
- 3 T . Vegan Mayo
- 2 T . Plain Vegan Yogurt
- 2 T . Raw Cashews, Soaked for 30 mins or more
- 2 T . Non-Dairy Milk
- 1 tsp . Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp . Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp . Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp . Dried Parsley
- Pinch of Dried Dill
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Pinch of Salt or to taste
- 1 1/4 C . Vegan Cheddar Shreds
- 1 C . Non-Dairy Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 C . Romaine Lettuce, Sliced into Shreds
- 1/3 C . Celery, chopped
- 8 oz . of Chips, I used Beanfields
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Toss the chickpeas in the 1/4 C. of Buffalo Sauce until they are evenly coated. Spread them out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes, and carefully roll them around with a spoon to get the other side crispy. Bake for another 12-15 minutes, then place them back in the bowl and toss with the extra 1-2 T. of buffalo sauce. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth. This may take a couple of times of pushing the ingredients around, or adding another tablespoon of non-dairy milk.
- This is enough ranch for the recipe, but it is hard to blend in such small amounts, so I suggest doubling it and using the rest of the ranch on everything else!
- Pour into a cup or squirt bottle and set aside.
- Place the cheddar shreds and non-dairy milk into a small pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil and adjust heat to low-medium.
- Stir frequently so that the cheese sauce does not get stuck to the bottom. Cook until the shreds are melted and add salt if needed.
- Spread the chips out over a baking sheet, I like "single layer" nachos so that all of the chips get toppings! It's more like 1 1/2 layers, but you get what I'm saying.
- Next, sprinkle the lettuce over the chips, and spoon the cheese sauce over it.
- Then take the chickpeas and spread them over the nachos, along with the celery and an extra drizzle of buffalo sauce (that 1 T. left).
- Lastly, finish with a healthy drizzle of the ranch sauce and serve! You can also place in the oven at 250F to keep warm for a few minutes if needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Here are some more recipes that are great for your Super Bowl party!
Have fun this weekend and be safe! 🙂