Refreshing and naturally sweet Raw Mango Banana Cakes that are filled with fruit and easy-to-make!
Apparently, I’m feeling pretty Spring-y over here! First, it was the Berry Pineapple Waffles, now these beautiful Mango Cakes? A girl can dream, right? Although I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t excited for the rain we’re supposed to get, this weekend. Drought-be-damned! Maybe I’ll put together a tasty, warming soup..
But, until then, check out these easy, healthy, sweet and supremely tasty raw cakes. Of course cake is a bit of a stretch, but it’s cake-shaped so just go with it. 😉 This recipe gives you a chance to use up some of that great Winter citrus to add some sour to this sweet dessert. An added plus is that this isn’t a totally nut-based, raw dessert; I did put coconut it in for some creaminess and texture, but not enough to make it high-fat (in case you’re worried about that type of thing).
These mango cakes would be a great ending to a weekend brunch, and are terrific when paired with a mimosa. So, if you’re looking for a low-effort, delicious, naturally sweet dessert, make these Raw Banana Mango Cakes and let me know how it goes! 😀
- 2 C . Mashed Banana, Roughly 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 C . Large Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 C . Medjool Dates, Pitted and Chopped (Soak them in water if they are too hard/dry)
- 1/4 C . Vegan Plain Yogurt, I used So Delicious's Unsweetened Yogurt
- 1/4 C . Mango, Chopped (You can use either fresh or frozen for this)
- 3 T . Fresh Orange Juice
- 3 T . Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 T . Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, Divided
- 1/2 of a Mango, Sliced thinly, w/o skin into crescent shapes
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth.
- Pour contents into 3, 4" Springform pans or an 8" springform pan for a thin cake. Tap the pan gently against the countertop to get rid of bubbles.
- Sprinkle 1 T. of shredded coconut on top of each cake, then organize then fan the mango slices out, on top, in a complete circle. This was about 8 slices on each small cake for me.
- Place into a freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm. When you are ready to serve, let them sit out for 10 minutes before eating, so that you can slice them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g