Impossible to resist, this Buffalo Chickpea Ranch Pizza beats them all! Oh, and it’s VEGAN! Make this for a supremely tasty dinner, or bring it to a party.
To tell you the truth, I’ve been trying to get this recipe out to you guys for MONTHS! Now, I’m so glad that I finally have the time to share it. Of course, you know how much I love the Chickpea/buffalo sauce/ranch combo as shown by this mac recipe and this nacho recipe. So naturally I had to add to this delicious food family by making a pizza version!
I actually made this twice, once as an experiment for a friend and I, and a second time to nail down all of the measurements. I could easily eat this pizza once a week, or maybe more depending on how many feels I have. 😉 Each person that got their hands on a slice may agree with me, as it got rave reviews!
You really can’t go wrong with a combination like spicy buffalo sauce, crunchy celery, chickpeas, fresh cilantro, peppery arugula and a vegan ranch sauce that some readers claim to be the best they’ve ever had! Believe me, I take that as a huge compliment, as I’ve tasted many a delicious vegan ranch in my foodie adventures.
Aside from this fabulous buffalo chickpea ranch pizza pie, I’m pretty excited to bring back some more creative recipes to Vegan Yack Attack. Will there still be plenty of cookbook reviews and giveaways? Of course! But, now I have the time to give you some breaks from those types of posts with some crazy recipes. Oh, have you heard? Vegan MoFo is back in September and you better believe that shit is going to get REAL!
So, go ahead, make this jaw-dropping pizza for your friends and family and get them excited about some solid vegan eats. 🙂
Buffalo Chickpea Ranch Pizza
- 1/2 C. Warm Water
- 1 T. Active Dry Yeast
- 1 tsp. Sugar or Agave Nectar
- 2 T. Olive Oil + Extra for brushing
- 1 C. Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C. Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Corn Meal for Dusting
- 1/4 C. Vegan Mayo
- 1/4 C. Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk
- 3 T. Plain Vegan Yogurt
- 2 1/2 T. Raw Cashews
- 1 1/2 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp. Agave Nectar
- 1/8 tsp. Dried Dill
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- 3 T. Buffalo Sauce + 2 T. for spreading
- 1/2 C. Cooked Chickpeas
- 2 C. Arugula or Baby Kale
- 2 T. Red Onion Diced
- 2 T. Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 3 T. Celery Diced
- 2 T. Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- Stir the sugar and active dry yeast into the warm water until it dissolves. Set aside and let it rise for 12-15 minutes.
Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Once the yeast is ready, pour it into the bowl, along with the olive oil. Knead the dough on a surface dusted with flour, for 3 minutes. Place the dough ball in an oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, for 30 minutes. (Make the Ranch)
- Preheat oven for 425ºF, with pizza stone inside (if you’re using one).
Take the raised dough and knead for another 1-2 minutes. Roll out flat, to about ½” thick; then carefully stretch the dough out with your hands until it is 14″ wide. Make sure to leave the dough a little thicker around the edges for a good crust.
- Place the dough onto a pan or pizza stone that has a thin layer of corn meal on it, and bake for 5 minutes. Make sure to pop any large air bubbles while it’s baking.
Toss the cooked chickpeas with 3 T. of buffalo sauce and set aside. Take the crust out of the oven, spread the remaining buffalo sauce over it, leaving an inch or so for the crust.
- Next, layer the toppings in this order: arugula, red onion, bell pepper, and buffalo chickpeas. Brush a little olive oil onto the crust. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
Once the crust is nice and golden take the pizza out of the oven and top with celery, ranch sauce (you can leave extra for dipping as there is a good amount of it) and cilantro. Serve! 🙂
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste and place in the refrigerator while you’re waiting for the pizza to finish.
I’ve included this recipe in the awesome Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck! Make sure to check out the delectable dishes shared from talented bloggers!