A luscious Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake with graham cracker crust, and swirled dairy-free filling! From the Decadent Gluten-free Vegan Baking Cookbook.
If for some reason you have never been to the blog Fork & Beans, you may be living under a rock. The blog’s creator, Cara, is incredible and super talented when it comes to transforming your favorite indulgences into gluten-free, vegan delights. So, when I heard that she was putting together her own cookbook, I just knew that it would turn out amazingly.
Lo and behold, I received a copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking to check out and it looks incredible! Her recipes paired with Celine Steen‘s photography equal some gorgeous recipes. Below, I’ve been given permission to share the delectable recipe for her Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake with Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust!
Fortunately for me, my dad’s birthday was earlier this week, right when I was making this strawberry swirl cheesecake. I expedited the setting process by putting it in the freezer so that it would be ready in time for presents, which worked wonderfully. After my mom and I sang “happy birthday” to my dad, he blew out the candle and we dug in.
As expected, we loved it. 🙂 Now, you have a chance to win your own copy of Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by
entering the Rafflecopter widget beneath the recipe! (giveaway closed)
FOR THE CRUST
- 1½ cup (390 g) Gluten-Free Graham Crackers, crushed (page 49)
- ⅓ cup (75 g) vegan butter, melted
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp (6 g) cocoa powder
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 3½ cups (896 g) cashews, soaked for 2 to 3 hours
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) agave nectar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup (120 ml) unrefined coconut oil, melted
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SWIRL
- 2 ½ cups frozen strawberries, thawed (two 10–oz/570–g bags)
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- 1 batch Coconut Whipped Cream, page 150 (or store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease a 9–inch/22.5-cm round springform pan.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients until well combined. Press into pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool fully before pouring in the filling. In a blender, combine all the filling ingredients except for the coconut oil until completely smooth. If it is difficult to blend, add 1 tablespoon/15 ml of water at a time until the mix is able to blend properly. Try not to add too much, though—you want a thick filling. Add the oil and blend until combined.
- Place the strawberries and sugar in a blender and puree to make the swirl.
- Then, pour the strawberry swirl over the cheesecake and use a spoon to gently swirl it into the filling. Place in the fridge for several hours until firm. (You might need to freeze the pie for a few minutes before you take it out of the pan.)
- Serve with fresh strawberries and homemade Coconut Whipped Cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 657Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 18gUnsaturated Fat: 17gSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 39gProtein: 9g
Since I’ve posted this strawberry swirl cheesecake recipe, so many readers have loved it! If that reader is you, I’d love to know, so just comment below. Lastly, if you loved this recipe you’ll for sure enjoy some of the recipes below. (just click on the image!)
This post contains affiliate links, meaning that I make a small percentage of money on purchases made through the link. This book was sent to me for free to review, all opinions and words are honest and my own!