Serve this incredibly easy and delicious recipe up at your next party; it’s Buffalo Jackfruit Spinach Dip that will be hard to resist!
You guys, the internet has been flooding with Buffalo recipes for the past week or so and it is making me crave everything spicy. Of course, I kind of did it to myself by sharing my Buffalo Chickpea Nacho recipe and Olives for Dinner’s Sriracha Habanero Buffalo Seitan. Mmm.. To be honest, I’ve had this idea for a long time. My mom got a recipe from one of her friends years ago that was called “Buffalo Chicken Dip”. Basically, this thing was heavy, spicy, creamy and outright addictive.
It has been a long, long time since I’ve had this dip, but I knew that I’d eventually have to veganize it. I even put it in my recipe idea note on my phone! What had immediately come to mind as far as subbing stuff out was to use jackfruit in place of shredded chicken, and for convenience-sake I used some vegan, non-dairy products. The spinach was my attempt to make this dip slightly less overindulgent. Ha!
Of course, if you don’t want to use pre-made products you can make your own vegan cream cheese, vegan ranch and vegan cheddar, just know that the measurements may be different. The reason this dip is so perfect for game day is that it takes about 5 minutes of prep and then 30 minutes of baking. Easy-peasy!
So, if you are into spicy, creamy, Buffalo foods, you should definitely try out this Buffalo Jackfruit Spinach Dip!
1 year: Cauliflower Fried Rice // 2 years: Cream of Asparagus Soup // 3 years: Orange Belgian Waffles
Buffalo Jackfruit Spinach Dip
Serve this incredibly easy and delicious recipe up at your next party; it's Buffalo Jackfruit Spinach Dip that will be hard to resist!
- 14-ounce can (400 g) young jackfruit in brine, drained and rinsed
- 8-ounce (227 g) container plain vegan cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (80 g) vegan cheddar shreds
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegan ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hot sauce (Tabasco, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, or similar)
- 3 cups (90 g) fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons (8 g) green onions, diced for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350F and get out a shallow baking dish (9" round or 8x8"square).
- Make sure that your jackfruit is drained, then shred it by hand over a strainer, making sure to remove large seeds and their skins if present. Add the jackfruit to your baking dish.
- Then add the cream cheese, cheddar, ranch dressing, and hot sauce to the jackfruit and mix until combined. Fold in the baby spinach until combined, then smooth the top until mostly even.
- Bake the dip for 30-35 minutes, it will be bubbling around the edges and melted on top. Once it is done, cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack and garnish with the green onions. Serve warm with chips and cut veggies!
If you love heat, I recommend uping the hot sauce measurement to 1/3 cup! Though this one is probably easier to feed a crowd with, if you're sharing.
If you have a few extra minutes and want a more chicken-like jackfruit experience, after shredding it, place it in a skillet with a teaspoon or so of oil and saute it until it's lightly browned on the edges.
The texture of the end product will largely depend on brands used, I've used Follow Your Heart Ranch, daiya cheddar shreds, and tofutti cream cheese (plus old formula daiya cream cheese) with no issues. But, So Delicious, Trader Joe's and some other shreds tend to liquify quite a bit, so the dip may be wetter than expected. If so, let it cool more before serving to congeal.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Have a fun and safe weekend, everyone!
Wednesday 15th of March 2023
You MUST make this for your next event! I made this for a neighborhood get together and all my non vegan neighbors devoured it! It’s so quick and easy to make and the flavor is amazing!
Party-Worthy Jackfruit Recipes | The Jackfruit Company
Wednesday 16th of November 2022
[…] Buffalo Jackfruit Spinach Dip […]
5-Minute Vegan Blender Queso - Vegan Yack Attack
Friday 11th of February 2022
[…] Buffalo Jackfruit Spinach Dip […]
25+ najukusnijih veganskih padova za vašu sljedeću večeru | – Moja divna stranica
Friday 14th of May 2021
[…] Recept ovdje […]
Sunday 10th of January 2021
Made this....I liked it very much!
Jackie @ Vegan Yack Attack!
Monday 11th of January 2021
So glad to hear that, Collette!