Serve this addictive recipe up at your next party, it’s a Buffalo Jackfruit Spinach Dip that will be hard to resist!
You guys, the internet has been flooding with Buffalo recipes for the past week or so and it is making me crave everything spicy. Of course, I kind of did it to myself by sharing my Buffalo Chickpea Nacho recipe and Olives for Dinner’s Sriracha Habanero Buffalo Seitan. Mmm.. To be honest, I’ve had this idea for a long time. My mom got a recipe from one of her friends years ago that was called “Buffalo Chicken Dip”. Basically, this thing was heavy, spicy, creamy and outright addictive.
It has been a long, long time since I’ve had this dip, but I knew that I’d eventually have to veganize it. I even put it in my recipe idea note on my phone! What had immediately come to mind as far as subbing stuff out was to use jackfruit in place of shredded chicken, and for convenience-sake I used some vegan, non-dairy products. The spinach was my attempt to make this dip slightly less overindulgent. Ha!
Of course, if you don’t want to use pre-made products you can make your own vegan cream cheese, vegan ranch and vegan cheddar, just know that the measurements may be different. The reason this dip is so perfect for game day is that it takes about 5 minutes of prep and then 30 minutes of baking. Easy-peasy!
So, if you are into spicy, creamy, Buffalo foods, you should definitely try out this Buffalo Jackfruit Spinach Dip!
- 10 oz . drained jackfruit
- 1- 8 oz . container of vegan cream cheese
- 3/4 cup vegan cheddar shreds
- 1/2 cup vegan ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (Tabasco, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, or similar)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons green onions, diced for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350F and get out a shallow baking dish (9" round or 8x8"square).
- Make sure that your jackfruit is drained, then shred it by hand into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, cheddar, ranch dressing, and hot sauce to the jackfruit and mix until combined. Fold in the baby spinach until combined, then spoon the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake the dip for 30 minutes, it will be bubbling around the edges. Once it is done, cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack and garnish with the green onions. Serve warm with chips and cut veggies!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Have a fun and safe weekend, everyone!