I don’t know if you can tell, but these Soyrizo-Stuffed Mushrooms aren’t your average filled ‘shroom. These babies are towers stacked high with amazing flavors and colors. You’ve got seasoned soyrizo mixed with pinto beans for a satiating base, fresh spinach, creamy cool guacamole and spicy chips!
Not only are these super easy-to-make, but they’re very omnivore-friendly. While I had one for dinner, I handed them off to my QA testers (parental units) for them to finish off for a meal, soon. Not only did they finish them, they couldn’t stop raving about them and my mom even wants to make some for her friends! Success!
After having different family and friends in town for the past couple of weeks, finding ways to make quick, delicious meals has been essential to keeping myself sane. I love cooking for others, but sometimes you just don’t have the time or energy to put together a grand meal. This Soyrizo-stuffed Mushroom recipe definitely falls into the category of quick and even a bit impressive.
I guarantee that if you make these super ‘shrooms for company, all parties involved will not be disappointed! Plus, I don’t know about you, but I can eat Mexican cuisine-inspired for nearly every meal and be totally content. If you have a soy allergy, you can make your own walnut chorizo, like the SUPER tasty recipe in my book, Vegan Bowl Attack! (which is nearly half off right now).
The ghost pepper salt that I posted on my instagram would make for a fiery finishing salt to top this masterpiece!
View this post on Instagram
I had some ghost peppers?? that I dried from my plant, last year, and finally used them to make a Ghost Pepper Salt!? I used some today and it was awesome; looking forward to what it'll be like in a couple of weeks.? To make the salt: remove stems and most seeds from completely dry peppers, use a coffee grinder to turn the peppers into fine pieces, add coarse salt to grinder and pulse to combine. Jar it up and add fire to any dish! ? #vegan #DIY
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 large portobello caps, stems removed
- 12 ounce package vegan soyrizo, organic
- 15 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 1/4 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons roasted pepitas
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mash together until combined, season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Turn your grill on to medium flame and wait for it to heat up.
- Place soyrizo and pinto beans in a medium saute pan over medium-low heat, cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- While soyrizo is cooking, grill portobellos for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until they have shrunken slightly and the grill marks are pronounced.
- Once the mushrooms are grilled, place them top-side-down, divide chopped spinach between the four caps, along with 1/4 cup crushed chips, then heap the soyrizo-pinto filling into each one. You may need to mound it pretty high and press down slightly to fit it all.
- Place a hefty dollop of guacamole onto each 'shroom, setting aside extra for using while eating; then top with cherry tomatoes, remaining crushed chips and roasted pepitas. Serve immediately, while warm.
- You can make these ahead of time by grilling the mushrooms for a shorter amount of time and leaving the guacamole off when you reheat them in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Soyrizo-Stuffed Mushrooms switch-ups!
- Top with homemade, creamy tomatillo sauce instead of guacamole, to lighten the dish up a little.
- You can switch black beans for pinto beans, or use a seed other than pumpkin seeds to fit your pantry needs!
This post has been sponsored by Beanfields. Collaborations with companies make it easier for me to keep the free content coming for you! 🙂
These stuffed mushrooms are also part of my High-Protein Meal Prep for Two menu!