Rich and creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip from Minimalist Baker! It’s a quick, easy and delicious recipe, too.
I am very excited about the book that I’m sharing this Spinach Artichoke Dip from, today. You may have heard of a lil’ blog that goes by the name of Minimalist Baker? Oh, you know, just the powerhouse that is run by Dana Shultz and her husband John, that cranks out gorgeous, simple and delicious recipes every other day!
But, truly, I’ve been following their blog since the beginning and it has been so great to see them grow over the years into the huge presence that they are now. Dana’s mission is to bring delicious, easy-to-make (and mostly plant-based) recipes to the masses. This means tons of one bowl and 10-ingredient-or-less dishes!
Now, they finally have their own cookbook, Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking, which I have in my possession. This thing is a masterpiece! A photo or two per every recipe – all amazingly drool-worthy – lots of variety in terms of cuisines inspired by other cultures, lots of color and plant-filled recipes, and definitely some indulgence.
I can tell that I’ll be using this book pretty often, when I need to whip something up! They also have a great key for pantry essentials and basic recipes that are perfect for the beginner or novice cook. And I can’t forget to mention that most of the recipes are gluten-free, as well.
The recipe that I am sharing with you is perfect for a party, movie night or just plain ol’ snacking. I’ve been putting this creamy, delectable Spinach Artichoke Dip on everything possible and have no regrets. I’m even thinking of using it as a vegan omelette filling for breakfast, mmm..
Most importantly, if this all is starting to sound pretty good, enter my giveaway to win a copy of your own! (after the recipe, US residents, 18 & older only)
FOR THE DIP
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or grape seed oil, 45ml
- 5 cloves garlic, minced, 2. Tbsp or 15g
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained*, 90g
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese*, 227g
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk or DIY Almond Milk, 120ml, page 6
- 4–6 Tbsp nutritional yeast, 12–18g
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 14- ounce can artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped, 400g
- 1 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in a thin towel, 454g
- 1/4 cup Vegan Parmesan for topping, 20g, page 7
- Tortilla chips
- Toasted baguette
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Heat a large oven-safe cast iron or metal skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add 1 Tbsp (15ml) olive oil and the garlic. Sauté for 1–2 minutes or until just golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of a blender, add the cashews, garlic, vegan cream cheese, remaining 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil, and almond milk. Puree to a cream. Add 4 Tbsp (12g) nutritional yeast to start, plus the salt and pepper. Blend once more.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. The dip should be cheesy in flavor and well salted, so consider adding the remaining 2 Tbsp (6g) nutritional yeast and another 1/4–1/2 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Add the artichokes and spinach to the skillet used earlier. Pour all of the cheesy sauce over the artichokes and spinach. The mixture will look sauce–heavy, but that’s the idea. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the top with Vegan Parmesan for additional texture/flavor. Bake for 8–12 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve warm with assorted vegetables, tortilla chips, crackers, or toasted baguette, tortilla chips being my personal favorite.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3–4 days, though best when fresh. Reheat in an oven-safe dish at 350 degree F until warmed through (or in the microwave), adding more almond milk if the dip dries out.
*Soak the cashews for 6–8 hours in cool water, or pour boiling water them and let rest uncovered at room temperature for 1 hour. Drain well and use as instructed. *If you don’t have vegan cream cheese, omit and add another ⅔ cup (90g) cashews (soaked). However, the dip will not be as creamy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g