Guess what? It’s still hot, and I still need to be eating all of the icy, cool foods. Enter: these incredible ice cream sandwiches! Rich, frosty, crunchy, salty, everything you could ever want from a sweet treat.
Instead of making your own ice cream, let’s expedite the process, shall we? We will be using Coconut Bliss! They have been voted best Non-dairy frozen dessert by Women’s Choice Awards (literally thousands of women throughout the US polled on their favorite products!), plus, I’ve been a fan of them and their fun array of flavors for years. And this pint Mocha Maca Crunch was no different. *Swoon*
I’ve sandwiched this caffeinated ice cream between two, nearly raw, cookies made with dates, almonds and cacao nibs; then dunked each one in a simple chocolate shell, before crusting it with a toasted and lightly-salted mixture of cashews and coconut flakes. Basically, heaven.
If you aren’t drooling at this point, I don’t think I can help you. But, if you are I can go a step further! The awesome folks at Coconut Bliss are helping me with a giveaway so that you can enter to win some free ice cream. Woohoo! These pints could be your saving grace for the next couple of months of this miserable heat.
Say you can’t find a luscious pint or specific flavor of Coconut Bliss near you? Bring a petition form to your nearest grocery or health food store, to let them know that you’d love to have this crazy-good vegan option in their freezer! Seriously, it never hurts to ask, and anybody would be lucky enough to have even just one of the many flavors CB offers.
Back to the sandwiches. It goes like this: process cookie/crusts, press, spread the ice cream around, freeze, press more crust, freeze, dip, crust, and if you can resist eating these immediately, freezing for just a little longer. Most of all, enjoy the ambrosial goodness that is this dessert!
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint Coconut Bliss Mocha Maca Crunch
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons large coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon water
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- Line a loaf pan (approx. 8 ½” x 4 ½” or 9” x 5”), with wax paper.
- Place dates, almonds, cacao nibs, vanilla extract and salt into a food processor and pulse until the almond pieces are small and it has created a mixture that is tacky and sticks together.
- Press half of the crust mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan, into an even layer. Take your Mocha Maca Crunch and spoon it on top of the crust, then smooth it out as it softens slightly. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crust over the ice cream and press it down gently and evenly. Freeze for 15 minutes and prepare chocolate shell and nuts.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together melted coconut oil, cocoa and maple syrup until very smooth. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together cashews, coconut flakes, water and salt until combined, then toast in a pan over medium heat until they have browned slightly. Remove from heat and chop the mixture up finely.
- Once the sandwiches are completely frozen, gently lift them out of the pan, by grabbing the wax paper. Cut into 8 squares.
- Line one baking sheet with wax paper. Then, dunk ½ of each sandwich into the chocolate shell, or spoon it over/around, letting the excess drip off. Sprinkle nuts onto chocolate shell and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all sandwiches are prepped.
- Freeze sandwiches for 10 minutes, or until you’re ready to serve them! If they stay in the freezer over night (or for a couple of weeks), let them thaw for 3-5 minutes before eating. Lastly, Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Enter below to win coupons for free Coconut Bliss!
This post is in partnership with Coconut Bliss and Women’s Choice Award, all words and opinions are my own. Posts like these help me to keep this blog and more recipes coming your way. 🙂