This vegan, savory oat breakfast bowl is a great way to change up you usual oat routine! It has a sheet-pan has, smoky coconut bacon, creamy avocado, and more.
Summertime. Students are enjoying life temporarily free of school, and the rest of us are appreciating the beautiful weather and attempting to leave the house more often. One thing that can be said for all of us is that with summer, there are more cookouts and gatherings peppered into our schedules. This means that eventually you may host one.Savory Oat Breakfast Bow
Personally, my favorite group meals are those in the form of brunch. Breakfast foods are my favorite, and enjoying a couple mimosas or cups of coffee with your food doesn’t hurt! That being said, in my college years and even still, I’ve been to well-intentioned friend’s places where they have two plates and a fork. While they’re trying to serve 4 to 6 people.
That just will not suffice! Plus, I honestly hate paper plates/disposable ware. As much as dishes can suck, I would much rather do them than have all kinds of waste. This is where Lenox comes in! Yes, the dishware company that has been a staple in many homes for more than 100 years. They’ve also been voted Best Fine Dining and Giftware by Women’s Choice Award.
I’m excited to be partnering with them for a few posts this year! We’re showing you how “buying nice, or buying twice” is a real thing and something I 100% back. In addition to that, one of the reasons I went vegan was for environmental sustainability. It’s why I like to buy secondhand when I can, but investing in products that will stand the test of time is also important.
Not only is the Lenox line of stone dishes dishwasher safe (yessss!) and microwave safe, if a piece gets broken somehow, you can replace it through Lenox for 50% off, lifetime guarantee. That’s pretty huge! Also, the Around the Table Dish set that I picked out, which I’m totally in love with, is on sale right now. Furthermore, you can find their casualware in Bed, Bath & Beyond (don’t forget those coupons!) and Macy’s.
Now, back to this amazing bowl suitable for any brunch party. If you haven’t tried savory oats before, I highly suggest it! This Savory Oat Breakfast Bowl is a great place to start. Then, pair the oats with the easy oven hash, coconut bacon and avocado, you have a solid meal that will keep you satiated. More importantly, it will at least help soak up some of the champagne from your mimosas. 😉
- 2 cups diced russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons high-temp cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut bacon
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions/scallions
- Preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss potatoes, zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, and oil together until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper, then spread vegetables out on baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring around halfway through.
- While hash is roasting, warm oats, vegetable broth, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, and sundried tomatoes in a pot over medium heat, until boiling. Adjust heat to medium-low and simmer until oats are soft and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach to oats, stir until incorporated and wilted, then season with salt and pepper. Turn heat off and cover oats with lid until ready to assemble.
- Once the hash is roasted taste to see if it needs a little more salt and pepper.
- Divide oats between four bowls, and then do the same with the hash, avocado, coconut bacon and green onions, in that order. Shake a little smoked paprika over the top for a bit of added color and flavor, then serve while hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g