What better way to send Summer off than with a dessert from Vegan Bowl Attack? Soon, berries will be hard-to-find, so make this recipe while you can! Along with these tasty No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Bowls, I can also tell you about how my launch party for the book went! Hint: It was pretty freakin’ cool/exhausting.
If you’re ever considering writing a book or cookbook, or even creating an app or product in the future, definitely think about putting on a launch party! It’s like a finish line, and starting line all in one; the ending of your ideation phase and the beginning of your marketing-until-the-end-of-time phase. 😉 I teamed up with So Delicious and Pollution Studios, first to make some AWESOME slow-motion videos (that will be released into the wild soon), and then to host a fun and non-stuffy book launch. Also, enter to win a copy of the book on So Delicious’s Facebook/twitter!
I decided that catering my own party was a good idea (pro tip: don’t do that), and made five courses of samples, for 100 people! First, we served the Herbed Tofu Tomato Salad, then the Smoky Corn Chowder, Spicy Sushi Bowl, Buffalo Chickpea Mac ‘n’ Cheeze (duh) and ended with the delicious S’mores Pudding Bowl, plus ice cream from So Delicious! It was really cool to make the menu using 98% organic ingredients from Whole Foods 365 brand. Great quality, and honestly, surprisingly cost effective!
Then there was a bounce house, because I don’t think anything should be taken too seriously, and who knew they were only $75 to rent? Officially getting one for every party from here on out. If you weren’t into a bounce house (what?), there was a blow-up BOWLing set (get it?), photo booth complete with inappropriate emojis, or an area for taking food photos; all of which can be seen in the video put together by Pollution, below! <3
Now, onto the next chapter, filled with sharing more recipes with y’all, and finally planning a book tour! So far, I have demos at Boston VegFest October 23rd, SoCal VegFest October 29th and Seed Food & Wine November 4th & 5th! Lastly, have fun making this delectable dessert recipe for my No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Bowls, and if you’d like to find more recipes from the book/check out the blog tour, you can find that info here!
No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Bowls
For the crust mix
- 1/4 cup raw almonds 36 g
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates pitted, 45 g
- Pinch of salt
For the cheesecake filling
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked in warm water for 30 minutes, 210 g
- 1/2 cup water 120 ml
- 1/4 cup So Delicious Plain Coconut Milk Yogurt 60 g
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup 45 ml
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice 15 ml
- Pinch of salt
For the berry topping
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries 109 g
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries 109 g
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar 27 g
- 2 tablespoons water 28 ml
To make the crust
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
To make the cheesecake filling
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and purée until completely smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
To make the berry topping
- In a small pan over medium heat, bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Adjust the heat to medium-low and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the berries have broken down and the mixture thickens.
- Place 2 tablespoons (16 g) of the crust into the bottom of each small glass serving bowl. Push down gently on the crust to compact it. Next, carefully spoon 5 to 6 tablespoons (75 to 90 g) of the cheesecake filling into each bowl; tap down lightly to settle the filling.
- You can chill the glasses for 10 minutes before completing the last step, but it’s not necessary; it will just make the filling firmer for the topping to sit upon. Last, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons (28 to 45 g) of berry topping into each glass. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Fun variations for No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Bowls:
- Make an apple pie filling recipe for the topping, to take this recipe from Spring/Summer into Fall/Winter.
- Add vegan chocolate chips to the cheesecake filling and a little for garnish, if you’re into that kind of thing. I know I am. 😉