Aside from these Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles, there may or may not be a few more blackberry recipes coming your way! Why? Well, if you follow me on instagram, you’ve seen my garden updates. And within those garden updates, is a blackberry bush gone WILD. Every year it sprouts back up and produces maybe 20 berries. This year, I’m assuming because of all of the rain, it is the gift that keeps on giving. I’ve pulled at least 4 pints already!
That being said, I took a poll for some suggestions, or recipes people may be interested in. I got quite a few people who chimed in “cheesecake!” And while I’ve done quite a few iterations of vegan cheesecake, I have not yet done some summer-friendly popsicles.
So, here we are, with these ultra-creamy, blackberry cheesecake popsicles. Oh! And I must mention that someone said to do a cheesecake with an oat base. I have never heard of that, but I had the most amazing oat-based, vegan ice cream a couple of years ago. With this inspiration and memory, I thought it’d be really fun to make this recipe super allergy-friendly. That means: no nuts, no soy, no oil, no gluten, no coconut, and obviously no animal products.
The result was so fun! I will definitely be playing around with oat-based creams and such, in the future. It’s pretty amazing, the texture you get, without any added fat (but, I do love fats). And the swirls of blackberry are a simple combination of the juicy blackberries from my garden, and chia seeds. I used a version of the crust from my Raw Apple Crisp, in Vegan Bowl Attack!, to give a little crunch to these treats.
Because I am a glutton for punishment, I decided to make a video for the Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles! I’m failing at doing videos consistently, but I’m going to try my best to get at least one done, each month. Hopefully, the video is helpful in making these at home! <3
Other delicious popsicle recipes:
- Peach Bellini Popsicles
- Strawberry Oat Milk Popsicles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Pops
- Avocado Raspberry Pops
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 4-5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons uncooked buckwheat groats
- 3 tablespoons pitted dates, (soak in hot water if they are dry/hard)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For the Cheesecake base: Place all ingredients in a blender and run until very, very smooth. In a high speed blender this may take two minutes. Taste mixture and adjust sweetness to taste, if necessary. Transfer base to container and place in refrigerator, until ready to assemble.
- For the Berry Filling: Place berries in a bowl and mash with a fork until mostly broken up. Stir chia seeds into berries, until combined. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- For the Crust: Place all ingredients in a (small) food processor or bullet, and pulse until dates are a paste and buckwheat is slightly broken up. Set aside.
- Assembly: (I used six 3-ounce popsicle molds) Divide half of the berry mix between the popsicle molds, then divide half of the cheesecake base between them.
- Divide second half of berry filling between molds, and same with cheesecake base. Using a stick/chopstick/knife, swirl the layers together. Divide crust into 6 pieces and form to fit top of molds.
- Poke a hole in the crust so that the popsicle sticks can pass through. Freeze popsicles overnight, or for 6-8 hours. Run hot water over the molds for 30 seconds to release popsicle, and serve!
Serving Size:1 popsicle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated by a plug-in, and isn't always accurate. Please calculate your own with the products that you use, as it will be different for everyone.
Other options for these Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles:
- Use strawberries in place of blackberries!
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the base and a pinch of fresh mint to the berry filling to give it even more flavor.