This Roasted Broccoli Pasta Salad is perfect for bringing to gatherings! It’s full of flavor, and very allergy-friendly.
Oh dear, it’s the last day of August and that means tomorrow, September starts! Excuse me, while I have a meltdown thinking about how there are only 4 months left in 2017. What this also means, is that it’s Labor Day weekend! So, at least we have that to look forward to?
Given the holiday, I’m sure there will be plenty of gatherings and eats to be had. So, I thought I’d prepare this extra-delicious roasted broccoli pasta salad for you! Double or triple the recipe if you’re going to a big gathering, oooorrrrr if you want to be selfish and keep a bunch at home. I won’t judge, either way.
And while you’re enjoying your weekend, I’ll be stopping by Vegan Street Fair Nights on Friday, then going to a wedding dinner and wedding the rest of the weekend. Oh, and of course, working on the cookbook; because that is my life. Well, to be honest, I’ll probably be making this again because I REALLY enjoyed it and ate it all for dinner, last night. 😀
Let’s go over some of the reasons why this was so enjoyable: roasted veggies are the best, this Super Grains Fusilli Pasta is hearty and allergy-friendly, and the dressing is light and tangy, without being soupy. Plus, it comes together in under 30 minutes! Yes, it’s better refrigerated for a bit, but I truly ate half of it before getting that far.
To focus on the main ingredient for a bit, this Super Grains Pasta is so legit! The company is Canadian, and will now have the 2.2 pound-Fusilli pasta in Northern California Costco locations. If you’re not in that area, you can check out their site to shop a ton of gluten-free, vegan products! I have a few flours, grains and pastas in my possession and am pretty damn excited about it.
More specifically, excited by the amazing texture of their Super Grains Fusilli! It’s made of organic sorghum flour, organic white quinoa flour, organic amaranth flour, and organic chia flour; quite a combo, if you ask me! And they cook to al dente in 9 minutes. Much faster than some of the other gluten-free pastas I’ve tried. I can’t wait to use the rest in some cheese sauce for vegan mac, this week.
6 years: Raw Neapolitan Pie
Roasted Broccoli Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or other high-temp cooking oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup GoGo Quinoa Super Grains Pasta
- 1/4 cup soy-free, vegan mayo use 1/3 to 1/2 cup if you like it really saucy
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spread broccoli, cauliflower, and red bell pepper over a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Toss together to evenly coat, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast veggies for 20 minutes, or until tops start to brown.
- In the last 10 minutes of the veggies roasting, bring 4 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add GoGo Quinoa Super Grains Pasta to water, keeping it boiling over medium heat, and cook for 9 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Once veggies have roasted, leave pan on cooling rack so that the veggies can reach room temp.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together vegan mayo, lemon juice, and agave nectar. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste. Add cooled veggies and pasta to sauce, along with green onions.
- Toss together until evenly coated and top with green onions for garnish. Chill for 20-30 minutes before serving. This dish can be made over night, and served the following day.
Enjoy this Roasted Broccoli Pasta Salad and have a fun and safe weekend, everyone!! <3
This post is in partnership with GoGo Quinoa, all words and opinions are my own. Posts like these help me to keep this blog and more recipes coming your way!