Rocky Road Popcorn Clusters are a wonderfully easy treat to make for holiday festivities, or as gifts for the sweet lovers in your life! Chewy, chocolate-covered, with toasted almonds and salt, what’s not to love?
There are some serious holidays happening for the next week or so – do you think you’re ready for them? I want to say that I am, but who knows what will happen! I probably need to get some cards, though, that’s for sure. OH! And plan what food I’m bringing to which family or friend gathering. I know that for one lucky party, I’m bringing a batch of these Rocky Road Popcorn Clusters!
Now, my mom LOVES popcorn. She even has an OG popcorn maker that has the rod that turns like a record player, with a huge lid that doubles as a bowl. Some of you may know what I’m referring to. So, she gets a little sad when I make popcorn in a pot, but I thought this would be more helpful for y’all. Just don’t burn it like I did.
These rocky road popcorn clusters are super easy-to-make, come together in under 30 minutes, and are definite crowd pleasers. Plus, who can deny a popcorn-rice-crispy-treat-hybrid covered in chocolate and salted almonds? I sure can’t!! Aside from events of the Christmas variety, these treats could also be fun bites for new year’s eve.
So, here’s your chance to get sloppy with some chocolate sauce, and create these seemingly fancy treats. Don’t forgot the coarse salt! It really adds so much to the sweet popcorn clusters and rich chocolate. Lastly, you can find vegan marshmallows at a lot of stores now, and they’ll probably be Dandies! Now, enjoy your weekend and stay safe out there! <3
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 cups vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted and salted almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- Warm 1 tablespoon of vegan butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once a drop of water sizzles in the pot, add three popcorn kernels to the butter. Once they have popped, add the remaining popcorn kernels and cover the pot with a lid.
- When nearly all the kernels are popped, remove the pot from heat and set aside for the remainder to pop. Transfer popcorn to a large bowl. Return the pot to the stove, adding the remaining 2 tablespoons vegan butter, along with the vegan marshmallows. Warm the mixture over medium heat, whisking occasionally until they melt together.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, remove the pot from the stove, and add the popcorn back into it, stirring until the popcorn is evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or an ice cream scoop, scoop the popcorn mixture unto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the vegan chocolate chips and non-dairy milk in a small bowl and microwave it for 45 seconds. Whisk together until well combined and smooth. Drizzle chocolate sauce over the popcorn clusters, then sprinkle the almonds over the top, along with the coarse salt. Serve while the chocolate is soft, or refrigerate for 20 minutes to harden it. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
But, before you go, are there some appetizers that you love to bring to parties? Let me know in the comments below!