Salted Caramel French Toast Casserole? Yes, please! This decadent brunch staple is vegan, soy-free, and ridiculously delectable. Give it a try, you won’t regret it!
Heeeeey, y’all! Long time, no speak! I’m in complete disbelief that it’s March already. The first couple months of this year have been NO JOKE! First, finishing edits on Vegan Yack Attack On the Go!, then searching for houses, then actually moving to Las Vegas! Yeesh. (You can see details in my “VYAinVegas” story on Instagram) But, I’m glad to finally be back on the blog, bringing you this amazing brunch dish.
You may remember the Persimmon creme brûlée that I made with Vanilla Creamer, last year? If not, you must check it out, it’s pretty stunning/delicious. This time, I went with an easy-to-make brunch recipe: Salted Caramel French Toast Casserole. It turned out even better than I had imagined!
If you’ve never had French toast casserole before, it’s like if bread pudding and french toast had a magical carb baby. In this case, all you have to do is slice up some bread, whisk together a mix, pour, and bake. And if you want the cheater-salted caramel drizzle, all it takes is a little blending. Then, BAM! A luxurious brunch of salted caramel french toast casserole can be yours for the enjoying.
Pro Tip: If you are making this for less people than the serving amount, reheat a serving later, in an air fryer. It’s life changing! Like seriously, if you have one you must try this. I reheated it at 350F for 5 minutes, but that may change depending on the brand. Of course, it’s even better when paired with a fresh cup of hot coffee. Mmm.. Heaven…
1 year: Burrito-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes // 2 years: Grilled Tofu Miso Noodle Soup // 3 years: Southern Kale Salad with Smoky Ranch // 4 years: Raw Jungle Pie // 5 years: Mini Pizza Pies // 6 years: Speckled Strawberry Smoothie
French Toast Casserole
- 1 lb loaf of French or Sourdough Bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 cup non-dairy caramel-flavored creamer
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Indian black salt AKA Kala Namak, for eggy flavor
Cheater Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked 1/2 cup hot water for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup non-dairy caramel-flavored creamer
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- Pinch of coarse salt
- For the french toast casserole: Preheat oven to 350F, and lightly coat a large baking dish with your preferred cooking oil. Arrange french bread slices in rows, with them slightly overlapping each other.
- Place caramel creamer, almond milk, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, and Indian black salt in a blender or bowl and blend/whisk together until combined. Pour mixture over bread slices, making sure to get it in-between the slices, as well.
- Transfer baking dish to your oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges of the toast are browning, and there is no runny liquid.
- While the casserole is baking, soak your dates in hot water to soften them, then drain and transfer them to a blender. Add caramel creamer to the blender, along with salt, and puree until completely smooth. You may need to blend once, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then blend again for at least 60 seconds, or until it is warm and slightly steaming.
- Once the casserole is done in the oven, take it out, and let it sit for 10 minutes before drizzling with cheater caramel sauce, and topping with berries, coconut, and coarse salt. Serve while hot, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine. Posts like these help me to keep this blog, and more recipes coming your way!