Make this Refreshing Strawberry Turmeric Salad to wow your eyes and stomach, with bold colors and flavor! Easy to put together and allergy-friendly.
Now that it’s definitely March, Spring is here! And what better way to celebrate, than with a beautiful salad that bridges the seasons? Today, I have for you, a colorful kale salad, filled with fresh berries, ripe avocado, toasted cashews, and a creamy, strawberry-turmeric dressing. If you feel like you’re lacking in nourishment for any reason, this Refreshing Strawberry Turmeric Salad will perk you right up! I know it worked for me.
Another thing that got me super excited – aside from starting my garden – was this new plates, from Lenox. You see, I already love Lenox products, but since I moved, I was able to finally bring out my other kitchen goodies that have been packed away for years. What did this mean? ALL OF THE OLIVE GREEN DISHES!
Plus, Corey and I needed some more dishwasher and microwave-safe dishes, that also looked great, so that we weren’t running the dishwasher every other day. When these dishes showed up, I was elated (as you may have seen on my Instagram). They matched my vintage Pyrex and Fire King (pictured), perfectly.
It just seemed fitting to honor this new chapter in my life and the near start of a new season, with this Refreshing Strawberry Turmeric Salad because it looks like an edible celebration! If you’ve never had – or enjoyed – fruit in your green salad before, you should really try this version out. The tart berries pair well with the creamy berry/orange/cashew/turmeric dressing, and salted cashews. So many flavors happening here!
Lastly, if you make the recipe, take a pic and tag me so that I can check it out! <3
1 year: Gluten-free Blackberry Cake // 2 years: Boozy Mint Strawberry Lemonade // 3 years: Quinoa Jalapeno Poppers // 4 years: Apple Fennel Seitan Dogs // 5 years: Glazed Mint Chip Cupcakes // 6 years: Rustic Arugula Flatbread
Strawberry Turmeric Dressing
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1-2 teaspoons agave nectar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch curly kale, stems removed and leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup toasted/salted cashews
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- coarse salt, to taste
- For the dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and puree until as smooth as you can get it. Let the mixture to sit for 5 minutes (to really hydrate the cashew pieces), then blend again, until very smooth.
- Transfer mixture to the refrigerator to chill for at 20-30 minutes, to thicken and amplify the flavors.
- In a large mixing bowl, place kale pieces and drizzle with 1/4 cup of the dressing. Massage kale with your hands until it is slightly wilted and evenly coated in dressing.
- Now, divide kale between 4 bowls and top each with avocado, blueberries, strawberries, cashews, pepper, and salt. Then drizzle each with 1-2 tablespoons dressing (or to your preference, you may have some left over). Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This post is in partnership with Lenox and Women’s Choice Award, all words and opinions are my own. Posts like these help me to keep this blog and more recipes coming your way.