Here, creamy avocado and iron-rich tahini come together to make a delicious, super-simple, dish! This avocado tahini pasta is great for a quick dinner, or make-ahead lunch. Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free.
It’s avocado season! That means that the trees my parents have are loaded down with these highly popular fruits. I’m truly grateful that they’ve had trees since I was very little, no matter the house! My eyes may have been bigger than my fridge the last time I brought some back to Vegas, so I’ll have a few avocado recipes coming your way. There are worse things in life, right? 😉
First, I wanted to create a recipe that was savory, but wasn’t guacamole. Nothing against guac, it’s just been done a million times; though I do love my Roasted Veggie Guacamole recipe. This avocado tahini pasta came to mind when I needed to feed myself, late one night. Hmm.. It needed to be quick, fairly healthy, and use up some of these avocados! A few minutes later, I had the first version of this dish.
While I enjoyed this most at just cooler than room temperature, you can also leave it in the refrigerator to chill until serving. I wouldn’t recommend eating it warm, but that’s mostly because warm avocado is a little weird to me. Aside from eating this as a meal, you could easily serve it as a side at a barbecue or party.
Next up, I’m thinking avocado raspberry popsicles! If there’s anything else you’d like to see done with avocados, let me know in the comments. <3
1 year: Toasted Quinoa-Stuffed Mangos // 2 years: Chipotle Mac n Cheese // 4 years: Southwestern Kale Salad // 5 years: Spicy Vodka Lemonade // 6 years: Creamy Greek Summer Salad
Gluten-free Avocado Tahini Pasta
Here, creamy avocado and iron-rich tahini come together to make a delicious, super-simple, dish! This avocado tahini pasta is great for a quick dinner, make-ahead lunch, or a side.
- 2 1/2 cups (315 g) dried gluten-free pasta
- water for pasta
- 1 cup (235 g) mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup (60 g) smooth tahini
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (45 g) loosely packed arugula
- 1 cup (160 g) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) capers, OPTIONAL
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds, garnish
- 1/2 cup (10 g) sprouts or micro greens, OPTIONAL garnish
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions, once cooked, drain and rinse with cool water. Keep in pot or transfer to a mixing bowl and top with a few ice cubes to speed up the cooling process. While cooling, make sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together avocado, tahini, water, lemon juice, parsley, salt, agave, and pepper, until smooth. You can also do this in a food processor, if you have one. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Drain any excess liquid from pasta and fold in avocado-tahini sauce. Next, fold in arugula, tomatoes, and optional capers. Either refrigerate until cooler or chilled, or serve and top each serving with sesame seeds and sprouts. Enjoy! Will last up to 4 days in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
If you make this, tag me in your creations! @veganyackattack or #veganyackattack, see you soon!
33 Gluten-Free Pasta Recipes You'll Love (Easy & Healthy) - Flippin' Delicious
Thursday 4th of May 2023
[…] 14. Gluten-free Avocado Tahini Pasta […]
Best Gluten-Free Pasta Recipes You Can Try Today
Saturday 28th of August 2021
[…] Avocado Tahini Pasta by Jackie Sobon […]
30 Amazing Vegan Pasta Recipes – No Sweat Vegan
Monday 22nd of June 2020
[…] Gluten-Free Avocado Tahini Pasta by Vegan Yack Attack […]
Tuesday 16th of October 2018
hi, I had a question about the dried parsley. is it just for color? I thought dried parsley had almost no flavor?
Jackie @ Vegan Yack Attack!
Monday 5th of November 2018
Sorry for the delayed response! It's definitely for flavor. If your dried parsley doesn't taste like anything, it may be old and past it's prime.
Tuesday 28th of August 2018
Loved this! I think my avocado was probably pretty teeny tiny compared to yours, I found the Tahini just a touch too strong, so I added some chucks of avocado into it when I had leftovers. Also added some garlic because I have a problem -.- hahaha!
Jackie @ Vegan Yack Attack!
Tuesday 4th of September 2018
Hey, Jessica! You're probably right about the avocado, but I'm so glad you found a solution. I love the addition of the garlic. Thanks for sharing your experience, and I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe.