This Pineapple Raspberry Wine Spritzer is perfect for keep you cool during these hot summer months! Sweet pineapple, tart raspberry, plus fresh herbs, white wine, and sparkling water; does it get any better? (This recipe is for those 21 & older)
To say the last couple of weeks have been rough, is an understatement. Hard drives failing, juggling too many projects, and falling behind on emails (you know the feeling) – it’s been A LOT. And while I’ve been meaning to make some variation of this drink for a while, this week is when wine got added to the equation. I don’t advise self-medicating regularly, but this pineapple raspberry wine spritzer definitely takes the edge off!
The original inspiration for this drink came from when I was working production on High Cuisine (RIP Go90 Network), last year. My formal title was “Chief Food Officer”, and I was in charge of keeping the show pantry stocked, as well as giving cooking intel to the producers when the cooks were going. Another part was being in charge of snacks and beverages for everyone. One day, I was asked to make a creative beverage for our resident judge, Jason Eisner – which, no pressure, he’s just an amazing mixologist.
So, I peeked into on of the fridges and found some pineapple in a can, leftover raspberries, a fair amount of canned sparkling water, limes, and looooots of cilantro. Before you say, “Uh leftovers? That’s gross!” These were ingredients leftover from the episodes shot that day, that we were repurposing so that they weren’t wasted. Anyway, I muddled, mixed, and squeezed and BLAM! This super refreshing drink. In this case, I added some alcohol to make it a Pineapple Raspberry Wine Spritzer, but you could sub the wine for more sparkling water!
On the topic of sparkling water, I got a Soda Stream a couple of years ago, exclusively to make it, save money, and create less waste. All of which has happened and I seriously love it! I think I got mine on sale at Costco, but you can find them on Amazon, and the like. I really enjoy chilling it, then squeezing lemon and adding a few drops of stevia for a soda-like treat.
Pineapple Raspberry Wine Spritzer
- 3/4 cup chilled pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed raspberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 750ml bottle of chilled vegan* white wine I used Stellar Organics
- 8 small sprigs of fresh cilantro
- 4 thin slices of fresh jalapeño optional
- 10-12 ounces chilled sparkling water
- sweetener, to taste optional (agave nectar or stevia works here)
Making to order
- In a cup with a spout, place pineapple juice, raspberries, and lime juice. Using a muddler or something similar, mash the raspberries into the mixture.
- Set 4 highball glasses out and divide mixture between them, then add 6 ounces of wine to each glass. Next, put the cilantro in your palm and clap your hands once to soften it. Place a 2 sprigs and 1 slice of jalapeño in each glass, then top with a few ice cubes, sparkling water, and garnish with a lime wedge. Serve!
- In a large pitcher or jar place pineapple juice, raspberries, and lime juice. Using a muddler or something similar, mash the raspberries into the mixture. Next, add wine, cilantro and jalapeño slices. Refrigerate for up to one day before serving.
- Once you are ready to serve, stir mixture and divide it between 4 highball glasses, topping with a few ice cubes, and sparkling water. Garnish with lime wedges and serve!
Make sure to tag me in your Pineapple Raspberry Wine Spritzer pictures! #veganyackattack or @veganyackattack <3 – Enjoy responsibly!
This post contains an affiliate link.