With sports events and family gatherings coming back in full swing, snacks and appetizers are in high demand! Make this SUPER easy Cilantro Onion Dip for a delicious party platter.
Though it may not be totally obvious from my blog, I am a snacker! I love cooking fabulous meals and baking decadent desserts, I do. But, most days you’ll find me staring into the pantry abyss, eating handfuls of peanut butter pretzels, chips, granola, and the like.
This means that party foods are my favorite combination of light prep and easy snacking! Plus, with football, baseball, and other sports going on – plus hockey starting soon – gatherings at friends houses are eminent. Not to mention, the holiday season is ramping up, and it never hurts to have some easy recipes on deck!
That’s why I’m sharing a SUPER simple cilantro onion dip recipe with you, today. But, we’re dressing it up with a party platter! In this case, the Niklas Paddle Board, from Dansk.😍 Some of you know that I’ve been working with the amazing Lenox, to spotlight glassware and stoneware for the last couple of years! They’re products are high-quality, super durable, and a great investment. With as many dishes as I have for props/styling, their stoneware remains my day-to-day dishware, for everyone to use.
Being that I looove mid century modern products, when they asked me if I’d be interested in checking out their Dansk brand, I may have almost fainted. This was something I’d been dreaming of since we first started working together! Beautiful designs, a classic brand, and plenty of throwbacks to mid century looks.
The Niklas platter brings this cilantro onion dip leaps and bounds above serving it in a plain bowl. Made of acacia wood, it is rich in color, and light, but strong. Its 16 inches in size, so I was able to give you plenty of dipping and scooping options for a variety of palettes. You can find this paddle board on Lenox’s website, or through Macy’s!
Lastly, enjoy your dip and try not to hog it all!😉
Cilantro Onion Dip
Cilantro Onion Dip
- 12 ounce container of vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 1 cup celery sticks
- 1 1/2 cups potato chips
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced raw veggie "chips" I used peeled kohlrabi, but jicama would be great!
- 1 1/2 cups (gluten-free) pretzels
- 1 cup shelled pistachios for additional snacking
- 1 cup peanut butter-filled pretzels for additional snacking
- lettuce leaves for plating optional
- For the dip: Mix all ingredients in a bowl, until very smooth. Chill for at least 15 to 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together. Taste and adjust seasonings as you see fit.
- For the platter: Place bowl of dip in center of platter, then arrange dippers and snacks around it, until you've filled it up. Serve, and enjoy!
This post is in partnership with Lenox and Women’s Choice Award, all words and opinions are my own. Posts like these help me to keep this blog and more recipes coming your way.