While dips are great for parties, finger foods are my favorite! These Pomegranate Persimmon Crostini are as delicious as they are gorgeous. Plus, VERY easy-to-make!
Although I ran a bit late in getting this recipe to you by NYE, I knew I had to share it anyway. It all started because I had some persimmons and pomegranates getting a bit dry on my countertop. (Doesn’t help that it’s 15% humidity, here in Vegas.) Thinking of ways to use them, I originally thought cake? But, with all of the parties lately, finger-food snacks took priority.
What’s easier than toasting some bread, cutting fruit, then serving it up? Not much, for sure! Plus, the slightly tart pomegranate arils complement the persimmon slices so perfectly. Lay them atop your favorite vegan cream cheese, garnish with mint, and finish with a drizzle of agave. Y’all. These flavors!!! I’m going to make pomegranate persimmon crostini for every fall/winter party, now.
If you’re worried about food allergies, sub the baguette slices with gluten-free bread pieces, or even lightly-salted crackers. Definitely consider getting some grill marks on either, because the contrast to the sweet fruits takes this up a notch. Also, as a short cut, you can buy packaged pomegranate arils so that you don’t have to deal with it.?
Side note: I considered doing a recap post of 2018, but my mind isn’t quite there yet. I do miss inserting a little more of my going-ons into blog posts, though. I’ll need to do a reader survey and hear what you think! I’ll send it through my newsletter, so if you haven’t signed up, you absolutely should.❤️
Now, go on and make these pomegranate persimmon crostini! Let me know what you and your friends think by tagging me everywhere @veganyackattack and #veganyackattack. Enjoy, and have a safe, happy New Year!
1 year: 16 Vegan Appetizers // 2 years: Savory Tomato Cobbler // 3 years: Black Bean Cornbread Pot Pie // 4 years: Pressure Cooker Seitan // 5 years: Top 13 Recipes of 2013! // 6 years: Quinoa Garlic Pasta // 7 years: Healthy Pumpkin Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 24 1/2-inch thick slices of baguette, toasted or grilled
- 1/2 cup (112 g) (soy-free) vegan cream cheese
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, peeled and cut into 24 thin, half-slices
- 2/3 cup (100 g) pomegranate arils
- 24 mint leaves
- agave nectar for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, optional
- Spread out your toasted baguette slices, and spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese onto each one. Then, place one half-slice of persimmon on top, followed by 1 heaping teaspoon pomegranate arils.
- Garnish each crostini with a mint leaf, then very lightly drizzle agave over the tops. Finish with a sprinkle of coarse salt, and serve!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
For more appetizer ideas, check this post out!