This simple dinner of One Pot Mushroom Spaghetti will have you satiating your evening hunger in no time! You can thank Maria Koutsogiannis of FoodByMaria for writing this gem in her cookbook Mindful Vegan Meals.
In her debut title, Maria starts off with an intense timeline of life-changing events and determination to lead a good life. After surviving some pretty traumatic stuff, she felt she had an obligation to help change the world. Learning more about food and nutrition, Maria was able to combat her addiction to food. She now centers a lot of her public conversations around eating disorders and greater understanding. (Which you can read a lot of on her instagram)
It only makes sense then, that her cookbook starts out with an entire chapter on comfort food. Followed by Back to my Roots which contains a multitude of vegan Greek recipes from her life – all of them look DELISH!
To round out your day, the next chapters are Energizing Salads, Falling In love with Breakfast, Fueling and Refreshing Beverages, and more. Personally, I love that her dessert chapter is titled Treat Yourself, You Deserve It. Can I get an amen?
Now, back to this One Pot Mushroom Spaghetti! I chose to make this recipe for several reasons, one of which was that I had 90% of the ingredients on hand. The second reason being that the photo was freakin’ gorgeous, much like the rest of her photography throughout the book. Third, I know y’all love a quick and easy dinner recipe around here!
So, thank you Maria, for letting me share this One Pot Mushroom Spaghetti with everyone, and for sharing your story. Lastly, before we dig in, I used angel hair pasta instead of spaghetti, because that’s what I had on hand. It cut a few minutes off of my cooking time, so if you’re in a similar predicament, it’ll work!
- 14 ounces (400 g) dried spaghetti
- 2 cups (192 g) cremini mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (180 g) fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (30 g) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (54 g) nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) ground coriander
- Dash of chili flakes, or to preference
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 cups (1-1.5 L) water
- 7 ounces (200 ml) light coconut milk
- Put the spaghetti, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, nutritional yeast, garlic, paprika, coriander, chili flakes, salt and pepper, and 4 cups (1 L) of water in a deep pot. Bring to a boil, then adjust heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- As the pasta cooks keep an eye on it, and gradually add extra water to avoid burning. When your pasta reaches just before al dente add the coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes. Stir a lot at this point to make the pasta super creamy! That's it - you can thank me later!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
This post contains an affiliate link.