These Charred Pineapple Jalapeño Margaritas, take a popular combo and switch it up a little bit! Plus, they’re the perfect thing for cheers-ing.
Holy moly, y’all! I’ve gotta say, I’ve missed blogging; but I’m glad I slowed it waaaay down for the last couple of months. Now, I’m returning to it from finishing my third cookbook, with something to help celebrate.
Do you follow me on Instagram or Facebook? If so, you may have seen that I asked if you all would prefer to see a Pineapple/Jalapeño or Kiwi/Mint combo for a margarita recipe I wanted to make. After a couple of days, Pineapple Jalapeño became a clear winner. But, I just had to make the Kiwi/Mint version because it had so many fans! So, that recipe will be included in a newsletter in August, sign up here so that you don’t miss out!
Now, some of you mentioned that Pineapple Jalapeño margaritas could be seen as played out. Because of that, I wanted to add my own twists! No store-bought pineapple juice, grilled the pineapple and jalapeño, and adding some ground chipotle to the salted rim. Thanks to Trenton, for the grilled inspiration!
With these modifications, we came to have Charred Pineapple Jalapeno margaritas! Where the grilling enhances the sweetness of the pineapple, while mellowing out the jalapeños. And, gets more smokiness and spice from the chipotle, which is a red/dried/smoked jalapeño. Now, you can adjust some of these variables to preference, like grilling the pineapple more for more caramel notes, or not grilling the jalapeño at all to keep it crispy. Either way, this recipe is a great guideline and is definitely something I’ll be serving up more!
Lastly, the third cookbook is titled Vegan Yack Attack’s Plant-Based Meal Prep, and is available for pre-order, now! You can find links to pre-order options on my Cookbooks page. 🙂
1 year: Downhome BBQ Burger // 2 years: Kimchi Fried Rice // 3 years: Mocha Maca Ice Cream Sandwiches // 4 years: Green Mojito Smoothie // 5 years: Herbed Tofu Tomato Salad // 6 years: Brown Rice Veggie Roll // 7 years: Frozen Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup (154 g) sliced pineapple, plus one round slice for garnish (skin on optional)
- 2 jalapeños, divided
- Cooking oil, for brushing the grill
- 4 ounces (120 ml) water
- 4 ounces (120 ml) tequila reposado
- 6 ice cubes, plus more for the glasses
- 1.5 ounces (45 ml) lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Warm a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, and brush it with a light coating of oil. Once hot, place the 1 cup (154 g) of pineapple slices, 1 slice of pineapple, and 1 jalapeño on the grates, grilling the pineapple until there are prominent grill marks. Grill the jalapeno until almost all of the skin is black, then place it in a small bowl covered with a saucer or plate, to steam.
- Once both items are grilled, set them aside to cool. Meanwhile, add water, tequila, ice cubes, lime juice, and agave nectar to a blender pitcher. When the pineapple is about room temperature, add the 1 cup (154 g) pieces to the pitcher. Then scrape the blackened peel off of the jalapeño, and remove seeds and stem, adding the flesh to the blender.
- Pulse blender until it is a rough mixture but not pureed, then set it aside. Take out two small saucers, lining one with water, and another with the salt and chipotle, stirred together. Get out two rocks glasses, dunking each one gently into the water, then rolling the edges in the salt/chipotle mixture.
- To finish, fill each glass with ice cubes, a few slices of the remaining jalapeño, and a piece or two cut from the grilled pineapple slice. Hold a mesh strainer over the glasses and pour the margarita mixture through it, dividing it evenly (you may need to push some mixture through the strainer). Lastly, enjoy responsibly!
If you want to make this ahead of a gathering or party (in bulk) prepare the margarita mixture and strain it into a pitcher, storing in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days, at most. Leave the fresh jalapeño garnish out until serving.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I hope that everyone enjoys the week ahead, and make sure to stay hydrated!